Super Tech 9688 Cut and Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Honda CRV. SuperTech 9688 Cross Reference to Fram 7317 Purolator 14610 and Mobil M1-110.
Ran for 3 months. 3,458 Miles. Along with Pennzoil Part Synthetic 0w-20
Replaced with Valvoline High Mileage 0w-20 and a Purolator Pure One filter.

Is that glue coming out?

37.gif

A little excess in the glue department, not a big deal but it looks like the filter held up well. Probably one of the best filters out there for 2.88. I'm running one right now and have no complaints.

Last edited:
Looks decent. Thanks for the C&P. It provides some peace of mind as I put one of these on my mom's 2011 CR-V a couple months ago.

Thank you for the cut and post
smile.gif

Why only 3500 miles? Doesn't your Honda have the MM? You can probably go much longer than that! I'd rather use the ST than a P1! Are you going to change it again after 3500?

How many miles on the car? I'm asking because you switched to HM oil.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Is that glue coming out?

37.gif

Perfectly normal, its when you can't see any glue that you should wonder if its really bonded to the end-cap at all.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Thank you for the cut and post
smile.gif

Why only 3500 miles? Doesn't your Honda have the MM? You can probably go much longer than that! I'd rather use the ST than a P1! Are you going to change it again after 3500?

How many miles on the car? I'm asking because you switched to HM oil.

This car is a chronic fuel diluter. It smells like fuel every time I open the oil cap. The car just hit 40,000 miles. I hoped that the HM oil is a litter thicker. The car has a terrible grinding noise for the first half a second when waiting for the oil pressure to build up.

Can't say much more than has been said already. Looks good, a little sloppy on the glue, but no big deal. I also would keep using this instead of a P1 with all the issues with them, as well as the cheap price of these.
This has the dome end bypass instead of the combo valve. This is a great 5000-7500 mile oil filter.

These Supertech filters with the dome bypass are looking good. I just do not have a warm fuzzy feeling about the ones with the combo valves.

The Napa Proselect and the Supertech appear to be made by Wix. I am sure many Proselects with the combo valve are in use and we do not hear of any issues.

Originally Posted By: chunt
These Supertech filters with the dome bypass are looking good. I just do not have a warm fuzzy feeling about the ones with the combo valves.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
The Napa Proselect and the Supertech appear to be made by Wix. I am sure many Proselects with the combo valve are in use and we do not hear of any issues.

The Microguard are also the same.

I agree and am not crazy about the combo valve, but I have an ST2 with a combo valve on my truck that makes less noise at startup than the Fram made CQ Red (but am also using a differnt oil now too, so not sure which it is). I do like that it is a coil spring on top instead of the leaf spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back