What's your Generator and Oil combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winco Industrial WC10000VE Portable Generator
Vanguard 18HP V-Twin Engine

Decided to run:
Chevron Delo 400SD SAE 15W-30 (After many hours reading BITOG) with 50-hour OCI

INDUS-WC10000VE.jpg

$200 "All power" chonda 5.5 hp/ 2500 watt with 4 gallon tank and PP 10w30.

HF 3500/4000 watt gen with Mobil 1 5w30 EP. Gets run about every 3-4 months for at least 1/2 an hour. Oils been in there 2 years now, might change this year but it still looks and smells like new.,,,

Coleman Power-Mate 5,000 Watt 6,250 Peak-Watts with 10 HP Tecumseh engine 3,600 RPM unit, and a Generac ix2000 Watt inverter type generator. GC (German Castrol 0W-30) in both. Beside keeping several quarts of GC handy, I do keep two quarts of Mobil 15W-50, and two quarts of Mobil 20W-50 V-twin, handy for use on days when the ambient temperature is > 90 Fahrenheit.

Honda Eu2000i running any name brand 10w30 until break in or about 50 hours I'll switch to full synthetic 10w30.

I use M1 10-30 in my Coleman Powermate with the Subaru engine. Here is a pic when doing a load bank test. I use this generator for occasional power outages, for power when trimming trees and bushes, and when I need remote power for my mig, stick, or tig welders.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1
I use M1 10-30 in my Coleman Powermate with the Subaru engine. Here is a pic when doing a load bank test. I use this generator for occasional power outages, for power when trimming trees and bushes, and when I need remote power for my mig, stick, or tig welders.

tig, I see you're plugged into two separate sides of two 120 outlets instead of plugging into the top and bottom outlet on the same side. I have a Briggs and Stratton Storm Responder 5500 watt generator and they say to balance out loads when using electrical cords use both top and bottom plugs on the same side to balance the load. In fact the extension cord included with the generator plugs into the top and bottom plug on the same side outlet and gives you two plugs for one load and two for the other. Since you plugged into the bottom plug on the left to balance the load you would plug into the top plug on the right set of plugs. Of course PowerMate generators my have different plug in requirements to balance loads. I know B&S's requirements is the opposite of having two sets of two plugs next to each other in your home.

Whimsey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back