I would dislike this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the new solution will always be an evolution of the old solution.

Having an office, people come in with heir problems structured for discussion. the walless cubicle, any immediate concern is jumpscare material.

Can't surf the internet in private without at least 3 walls. People wasting time at work on Facebook, YouTube and BITOG is becoming a big concern of employers.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Can't surf the internet in private without at least 3 walls. People wasting time at work on Facebook, YouTube and BITOG is becoming a big concern of employers.
grin.gif

[censored], my boss just walked in.
Told him he had to wait while I finished typing this.
crackmeup2.gif

My employer built a new building that we moved into about a year ago and insisted on a open floor plan for better collaboration. Our cube walls are only about 3 feet high ad have glass on the last foot. It does let some light in which is nice but I really dislike the lack of privacy. I find that I get much less "heads down" time where I can zone out in my cube cave/space without constantly being distracted by people walking by, noises, laughing, phone calls etc.

If I want to collaborate with someone I'll call a meeting or just walk over to their cube. I really dislike open work spaces now.... In fact, If I were to change jobs, I think that would be one of my requirements. No open work spaces for me.

Last edited:
I wish I had that much cubicle space. Some time ago they cut it in half for us in order to save money in our department. They instituted a 5S program, claiming that'll make up for it with more efficient use of space.

Now they have another round of cost saving edicts put to us. Management is setting themselves up for disappointment, and setting us up for failure. Times are good and our company is profitable; what are they going to do when times get rough again?

I don't know how anyone can work in those open spaces, how do you take phone calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back