Oil recommendation for 08 Lexus RX350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

I'm looking for an oil recommendation for my 08' Lexus Rx350. I've been using M1 or PP, both in 5w30. When I went to Walmart this past weekend, I only found PP euro L in 5w30. Is this safe to use for this car or should I stick with regular PP? I am also able to get my hands on Eneos and AcDelco full synthetic by CP at a wholesale price. The oil will be used for 5k oci's. Which oil would you use and why? M1 vs PP vs ENEOS vs AcDelco synthetic 5w30

SuperTech dino 5w30 would let you put 300K on your Lexus at 5K intervals.
Euro L is a low saps oil. If your gas has a high sulfur content in it, it could deplete the TBN at a faster rate using such an oil.
The EPA supposedly required refineries to lower gasoline sulfur content beginning 1/1/17.
I'd stick to 5W30 Mobil1. I've never liked Mobil1 for unknown mental reasons in my head, but it will work for you.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Euro L is a low saps oil. If your gas has a high sulfur content in it, it could deplete the TBN at a faster rate using such an oil.
The EPA supposedly required refineries to lower gasoline sulfur content beginning 1/1/17.
I'd stick to 5W30 Mobil1. I've never liked Mobil1 for unknown mental reasons in my head, but it will work for you.

The low SAPS was the main thing I was worried about. I can get 7 quarts of ENEOS for $34 but I can also get Mobil 1 at Wally World for $25.47 all day and use the $12 rebate per 5qt jug. Do you think Mobil 1 will sheer into a 20 weight though?

I doubt Mobil1 will shear to a 20W in 5k miles in your engine. . Mobil1 5W30 is a little thicker than many other API SN 5W30's at 100C and 40C. It's thicker than ENEOS at the same viscosities. I'd use it with confidence.

The dealer here uses bulk dino mobil for 5k OCIs, M1 0w20 for 10k's, AFE I imagine. I use PP 10w30 for it's NOACK value for the D4 injected IS, but your D2 has port injectors, so no big worry about carbon on the valves.
For a 5k oci, I'm with skyactive, use whatever.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

Exactly. That's what I use in a 2007 Lexus ES350 - same engine - 6.5 quart sump. No issues - save your money or just extend your OCI w the M1 - 10k should be easy - just keep it topped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back