Going to Sebring 12 hours, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be going to the Sebring 12 hours next weekend, and I want some suggestions from people who've been there. I.E. where to sit, where are the TV boards, etc. We'll be getting there early to walk around and check things out, and only have the general admission tickets. Will probably stay for at least the first half of the race.

Also, are you allowed to bring lawn chairs? Your own beer? Some major tracks do let you bring these things, which is awesome (like Mid-Ohio).

I normally fly in for the race.

Because the race is so long, I typically eat at the track hotel restaurant and spend an hour or so viewing from there. I think that's turn 7. A good place to sit down and relax.

In any case, I never spend all that much time in any one place. I typically like to view from various locations. I'm not sure I have a favorite place. A lot of walking, but it's worth it.

Because I fly into the race, I can also view the race from the airport FBO side (outside of the track, but adjacent) . Probably the best, or at least the least crowded view is from there.

I'm not sure if seats or beer is allowed. I never bring anything in.

I think it's worth staying for the entire race. It tends to get really interesting towards the end. And the night racing with the high end equipment and LED headlights is absolutely awesome.

Do the race masters (sanctioners) have a website where you can ask your beer and chair questions?

Where did you buy your ticket? Ask there. ? Kira

Sorry to come to this so late but... You can take anything you want to Sebring. Last time I was there we had a motorhome in the infield and that place was like where the Roman Legion pulled in for the night! Party, drunks, debauchery, bonfires...I wouldn't stay overnight again. I can't remember the year but it was the year that was, at that time, the only race that was ever stopped for rain. Absolute Monsoon.

I was there in 72 and 73. Back then it was beer and pot. In 73, we got pit seats, right by the winning Bromos Porsche. Drove there from Pa. in a 1959 AH 100-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back