Penn Plat Euro 0w40 @ Walmart $24.97

Status
Not open for further replies.
20.gif

Oh look another Euro oil with no LL01, I guess Castrol still has the edge in the competition?

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Oh look another Euro oil with no LL01, I guess Castrol still has the edge in the competition?

Ya, i keep hearing the best oil is the one with the most mfg approvals.

Originally Posted By: Garak
They have the LL-01 in other grades. Incidentally, we don't get the five litre jugs of the Euro stuff up here, at least not yet, that I've seen.

A first for me too.

...i couldnt resist either, having bought a jug for the next Santa Fe oil change.

Good move by SOPUS---states the approvals clearly on the bottle. Thanks for the pictures.
It would be nice to see the same specs on a 0-30 product
Steve

Well this is excellent news!

Now I have three good choices for my '12 Kia Optima Turbo engine to pick from (in no particular order):

1) M1 0W-40 Euro FS, 5QT jug at Walmart ~$25
2) Castrol Edge 0W-40 Euro, 5QT just at Walmart ~$25
3) Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0W-40, 5QT jug at Walmart ~$25

According to the latest TSB from Kia, the Castrol product (#2) fit the most requirements/recommendations but these others would be fine choices as well I'm thinking. Currently running #1 and planning on giving #2 a go at the next OCI. Now I might also consider #3!

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Or you can just use the PP 5w-40 Euro which probably still carries the LL01 spec.

Sure, but it doesnt come in a 5qt jug for $25.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Or you can just use the PP 5w-40 Euro which probably still carries the LL01 spec.

Sure, but it doesnt come in a 5qt jug for $25.

But it does seem to show up at the Auto Zone clearance sales each December for $2/qt. I have plenty.

This is great news.

My local store probably won't have it, but I am sure a larger city store would.

My local store carried Castrol 0w40 for less than a year. Never even had a chance to see it go on rollback.

Sounds like two Wal Marts near my gf's workplace
frown.gif

One near her house is a "TLE" and I nabbed last jug of old jug design EDGE 0w40 for "clearance price of $18 a week ago
smile.gif
. PYB stuff is spotty around me though
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back