Quality ratchet wrenches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeWalt and Tekton ratcheting wrenches are both Taiwan COO. If I didn't already have a set of GearWrenches, I'd be looking at the Tekton 6pt ratcheting wrenches. The DeWalt open stock ratcheting wrenches seem nice but they don't appear to be the same as the wrenches sold in the sets. Looks like maybe they cut corners on the sets to save a few $$$, so I'd put them on par with GW.

SK X frames look really nice (USA made), but very expensive.

Husky, Kobalt, and GearWrench wrenches are mostly Chinese now, IIRC.

I love my Carlyle tools, especially their ratcheting wrenches. They are all very well made, durable and pricing is good, when on sale. Availability and warranty is excellent also because they are sold at any NAPA, nationwide. I had a Carlyle socket that was not forged properly when I bought my first set from them. I went back to the store, showed it to the employee, he said "Strange, sorry about that. I will order you a new one, it will be here later this afternoon. Do you need a loaner in this size for now?" I said "No thanks." The socket came in later that day, I picked it up and that was that, as it should be. They go on sale every few months, check their "real deals" flyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back