1996 Nissan 300ZX,GTX 20W50,3000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my uoa on Castrol GTX 20W50. 3000 mile run. I have Pennzoil Platinum 10W30 High Mileage in it currently (thanks Gena!!) as part of the Pennzoil Insiders Program. My car had 110,000 miles on it at time of this uoa. Oh yeah,I need to get around to updating my sig!

Just think how good the UOA would have been with Super duper syn oil 1!!

It'll be interesting to see what PP knocks loose, if it's never had synthetic oil in it before. The GTX is going to be tough to beat for the price (once the free PP is gone).

With the calcium and magnesium levels the GTX shows in this UOA, I don't think that there's much for PP to knock loose.
Too short a run without doubt but this GTX UOA from a Nissan V-6 is a hall of famer.

20W-50 is good stuff. A loooong time ago the OP and I had a Z car thick v thin discussion (re:argument).

No arguing with these results.

I'll add some personal notes to the uoa. It's my only car,my daily driver. Multiple daily short trips,long extended high speed 80-90mph highway runs. I've had it a little over 15 years. I bought it with 30,000 miles on it,I'm the second owner. My first oil used was Syntec Blend 10W30 (and a Fram Orange Can of Delight) the day I bought it and brought it home. Then a whole collage of oils (haha I get bored easy). Mostly Mobil 1 10W30 or 15W50. I used Royal Purple 20W50 for awhile. Mobil 1 10W40 High Mileage for a pretty long time. GTX 20W50,Edge 5W50,then Edge 10W40. When Walmart discontinued Edge 10W40,I went back to GTX 20W50. My current fill is Pennzoil Platinum 10W30 High Mileage.

The GTX 20W50 looks to have a great add pack (moly and zddp).

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
UOA looks great. I'd take my personal info off the UOA though.

I meant to add to my post,the name and company on my uoa is the return address information that was on the Blackstone postage paid envelope that came with the kit. I'm guessing that's the generous company that's sponsoring Pennzoils' Insiders uoas?

Holy smokes! That Castrol 20W-50 is working great in that engine. I'd be very surprised if the Platinum 10W-30 can top that.

I was using a Fram Tough Guard TG3682 oil filter. No magnetic drain plug,just the original oem one.

Good ol' GTX 20W50

Only 1ppm Iron wear in 3000 miles.

Nice add pack of 1094 ppm Zn, 57 ppm Moly and 108 ppm Boron.

I can't see a synthetic doing any better over the same distance. Maybe we weren't so silly back in the old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back