Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sirgerman
Originally Posted By: Josh88
It failed for washer reservoir???

wont pass the inspection until I fix the reservoir

In Cali? No safety inspections here.

Probably a drought measure.
grin.gif

The cooling system could do with a good flush and refill. What does the dealer invoice say?

If you only ended up paying half for good dealer work, you did well seeing you didn't do your due diligence when buying the car. The old lady did not have to do anything for you.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
You lucked out for sure. You buy an old used vehicle from an old lady and she gets stuck with a repair and YOU are frustrated with Ford?

I was frustrate becasue a car with only 37000 miles should not have the check light on

It may only have 37,000 miles, but it's over 10 years old, which is at least as important as the mileage.

Heck, I'll be putting over 30,000 miles on my 2010 just this year alone, but it will be about 90% highway mileage.

Originally Posted By: JMJNet
P0129 just need a new t-stat, at least that was what happened to me in Toyota.

Not sure what the other code meant.

You may want to check the appropriate forum for Ford?
They probably are more knowledge over there.

+1. I have changed mine on both of my I4 Duratechs. It's P0128

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'd rather have one with 137k miles than 37k miles

Not me. I'd have no problem buying something like that with low mileage, if everything checks out. The key is to properly check the car before buying it. I have a feeling the OP is going to end up fine.

+1. Overall, their advise is not correct.

Well I took it to the dealer, the transmission fluid is black, dark black, we will see what is going on

Mine was dark with the OEM ATF. After I changed to M1 ATF 2-3 times, it cleared up and to this day it stays nice and pink. I change it every 30-40K, with filter change every 75-80K.

Originally Posted By: MarkM66
well I just got the car back $712; for a new thermostat and a transmission flush, the car seem fine, the only thing now I was filling the windshield reservoir, and the fluid went straight trough, please tell that there is a drain plug in the bottom and is an easy fix.

Why so much? Expensive thermostat?

The PS pump has to be removed. And the thermostat lies under the intake manifold behind the pump. $200 where I had mine replaced.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Nope. In the 2006 Fusions with the 2.3 engine, the transmission is a Mazda-built FNR5 tranny, which uses a different transy fluid spec than the Aisin does. Regardless, in this case, for an 11-year-old car like this, odds are good that it was short tripped all its life, and most likely neglected for a lot of that.

Yes, it's very unusual for your typical 37,000 mile car to have black trans fluid, but when you throw in the age, it's not unheard of, and IMHO, not at all surprising.

That particular Mazda transmission turns fluid dark in Mazdas as well, with about the same mileage and less years.

Funnily enough, Ford recently allowed that tranny to be filled with Mercon V, years after Mazda put out a TSB warning Mazda owners that Mazda MV is not the same fluid as Mercon V.

I have used M1 ATF in mine from the start. At one time M1 ATF had the Mazda MV spec, but later dropped it. Mobil tech told me M1 would serve my trans well, and it has for nearly 200K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back