PureOne PL14612 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was used on my wife's 2014 Rogue. I put 4,874 miles on it running M1 0W-30 oil and pulled it off on 11/25/16 (was installed 8/27/16, purchased new at Advanced Auto). I cut it open using tin-snips and then inspected it.

From my eyes, it looks pretty good with NO tearing of the filter media. Note the center tube slits (not holes). In general, the filter cartridge seems well constructed. Also note the oil holes in the main plate that are partly de-burred. I did not take the filter media apart but from what limited inspection I could do, I saw nothing unexpected.

None the less, I plan on moving off the PureOne wagon and going to the Fram Ultra (XG6607).

I'm having "issues" with uploading all the images, so here is the Album hosted off site:
http://imgur.com/a/62alf

Last edited:
I also forgot to note in my first post that the ADBV was fine with NO tears, cuts, etc.

I also pre-fill my filters with fresh oil the best I can before installing them and "perhaps" that might help (from what I've read on here anyway) prevent the filter media from tearing on initial engine start after the oil change.

Anyway, it is what it is gents!

Can the vehicle accommodate the PH7317 size? A 6607 seems awfully small for the application, but Nissan is the epitome for OEM tiny filters.

Everything to my eye looks good, including the seam pleat area and the louvers. The fact that no cuts in the adbv is a positive, though this 14612 appears to use the previous baseplate/adbv design where no cuts occurred. It seems no @mann-hummel QC failure here.

As typical with Nissan, shorty 6607/14612 spec'd where the longer with same specs 14610/7317 but more media area would in all likelihood fit and work fine.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
That's the first louver filter I've ever seen. So instead of numerous holes at the top, there's a small circular opening below that solid plate?

Go to the album link that I included and take a gander at those pictures. I'm not sure I understand your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back