Fram cartridge filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MisterBen
Fram at some point in fairly recent times moved production from Korea to China for the Toyota cartridges, and I'm not terribly sold on the new filters/design. I think the previous one is actually pretty decent, very similar to OEM, and have one in my vehicle right now. I usually just get OEM for that particular application, because most of the ones I've looked at that aren't Toyota are not very well built.

Wix also makes good cartridges for Toyota. Made in Poland. You can even get a Mahle from Austria
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dgn
.... The package also states that it is good for both conventional and synthetic.

Rather unnecessary as the cartridge doesn't know what type of oil is being used. I suppose it's meant to imply that it's usable for longer synthetic ocis. Seeing as it's the OEM cartridge anyway it's at 'minimum' good for the H/K vehicle recommended oci/fci. And unlike spin on filters, there's no adbv type to consider. Thanks for getting back with a follow up to your OP, some don't.

As noted true that some/many of the Fram cartridges now have a China coo. The H/K Mahle OEM is made in S. Korea.

I have used the Fram Ultra cartridge filters for my Lotus (Toyota engine) application and have been very pleased with the results. Build quality seems good and I have noticed nothing to indicate a failure when I inspect the used filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back