Need an oil filter

Who has a decent oil filter for tsi ea888.3? I would use fram ultra but not sure about the quality of their paper cartridge filters, all I can say is that the spin on filters are of excellent quality.

What is a, "tsi ea888.3"?
Sounds like a VW engine to my, tsi is engine type, the rest is engine code.

I’d use whatever, one oci on a crappy filter won’t grenade an engine. only if the o ring was junk could it.

Who has a decent oil filter for tsi ea888.3? I would use fram ultra but not sure about the quality of their paper cartridge filters, all I can say is that the spin on filters are of excellent quality.
What are you unsure about exactly?

Purolator w/spec sheet or Microgard from Oreilly's, Select filters at Advance Auto that are Premium Guard made.

Fram filters are perfectly good, don't think I've ever seen their cartridge filters be torn/split open.

I would use Mann or Mahle for the VW.

I think i remember it, believe it was a canister filter. The cartridge filters are sturdier.

@wwilson has posted two Fram Ultra cartridge filters (made in Brazil) which have perforations/holes in the seam pleat.

There were multiple XG cartridge filters for N52/N54/N55 BMW engines where the cap came loose from the media. These were the older USA made filters.

So no pleat tearing, but there are documented failures and/or poor construction of the cartridge filters.

Last edited:
Back