30 weight oils in ope. Crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using M1 10-30 in all of my OPE for 20-25 years with great results. 250F isn't much when M1 oils are rated up to 500F.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I've been using M1 10-30 in all of my OPE for 20-25 years with great results. 250F isn't much when M1 oils are rated up to 500F.

Yeah the oil can handle the heat, but I'd like a little more film between moving parts at 250.

Originally Posted By: tig1
250F isn't much when M1 oils are rated up to 500F.

Mobil 1 10w-30 has a flash point of 450°F. See any issues with your statement?

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Yeah the oil can handle the heat, but I'd like a little more film between moving parts at 250.

Notice every post of yours in this thread includes "I think", or "I like". What's absent is any data whatsoever that would support your desire to deviate from the OEM viscosity recommendations; what's great about tribology is you don't need to go on feelings, analogies, or beliefs.

lol.gif

Well, in Manila I'd order black coffee at Starbucks knowing they'd have to brew some. Everyone drank many other concoctions. Black coffee at Starbucks ? Odd man out.

Feel the same way running B&S oil in B&S motors - odd man out.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
tig1 said:
250F isn't much when M1 oils are rated up to 500F.

Mobil 1 10w-30 has a flash point of 450°F. See any issues with your statement?

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

Notice every post of yours in this thread includes "I think", or "I like". What's absent is any data whatsoever that would support your desire to deviate from the OEM viscosity recommendations; what's great about tribology is you don't need to go on feelings, analogies, or beliefs. [/quote

This thread is about 30 wt oils in OPE, and will 30 WT hold up in OPE. My many years of experience has been, yes the 30 wt I used has worked great in all my OPE. So why would I waste money on tribolory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back