Subscriptions to Autosport or F1 Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually pick up Racecar Engineering or Race Tech at the book store when they have them. I seem to remember a subscription was just as much. I got F1 magazine years ago, back when there was F1 magazine and F1 Racing.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I usually pick up Racecar Engineering or Race Tech at the book store when they have them. I seem to remember a subscription was just as much. I got F1 magazine years ago, back when there was F1 magazine and F1 Racing.

Same here. Only see them sporadically but recoil at the ~$12 issue price. I must not be THAT interested.
grin.gif

I have a premium membership at the Autosport site. It's not the membership plus digital subscription, or membership plus digital and print subscription, just the premium membership. Pricing is available there, and I find it worthwhile. I don't think I'm missing much by not getting the print or digital versions of the actual magazine. There is some good analysis on the site if you have premium membership, and it covers just about every kind of racing.

The Motorsport site is nice, too. It seems that Autosport and Motorsport are now merged; I got some email from the editor about this. When I first subscribed to Autosport over a year ago, Motorsport also had a premium membership option, with similar tiers to Autosport. I just happened to go for Autosport, for whatever reason. Now, it seems that Motorsport doesn't offer that any longer. That site seems to offer a fair bit of free goodies, plus subscriptions to the print magazine. Autosport seems to now be their vehicle for the premium online content.

I'm sure either print magazine would have some interesting yearly special issues that one might miss with just a website membership or relying on their free site. But, one never knows. As an aside, that's why I dumped Popular Mechanics. All their useful mechanical information and tips went online, and the magazine became a giant informercial. The print magazine lost the interesting content, which migrated to the free website, not even the premium website.

The absolute best special edition magazines in this genre are the Racecar Engineering and RaceTech Le Mans editions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back