Continental DWS06 installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the DWS06 installed on my A3. They replaced the OE Continental ContiSportContact 5P that came on the car. The 5P's are a performance summer tire with the tread rating of 240. They were down to 7/32nd at only 6,600 miles. I feel the DWS06 is the right tire for the PNW weather. My local DT store priced matched their Ebay store with the $100 off offer.
IMG_3020_zpsrjhnkkpw.jpg

i have a set of them on my 01 TT 225Q roadster , good ride + handling as well as wet + dry traction, wear will take a while as its my summer-fun car!!

I've been driving on my DWS05's since 2011. Their dry grip is not very good compared to max performance summer tires, but they do have a sporty feel. They are great in the wet, which is why I bought them in the first place. I use them as rain tires for track days on both my Camaro and Corvette. I have run them up to 140mph in full rain conditions, and can report that they have good resistance against hydroplaning. I have driven them in snow a couple of times, and cannot recommend them for that. Blizzaks or X-Ice's are much, much better for full winter conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back