Long term protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Everyone with a buffer is a pro detailer on the internet.

And a paint microscope as well....

If the paint has a lot of beads on it, then the sun hits it = water spots galore. Compared to sheeting which would be less of an issue with hard water spots.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
If the paint has a lot of beads on it, then the sun hits it = water spots galore. Compared to sheeting which would be less of an issue with hard water spots.

You are correct as long as the car is in motion before the water dries. Sheeting works on sloped and curved body panels but when you get onto any flat surface even the best products that sheet will bead. The standing water needs a sloped surface or motion for the water to sheet off of the paint. So if you're at work and your car is sitting outside and it rains, no matter what type of wax or sealant is on your vehicle it's going to bead or pool on the flat surfaces. Leave it long enough to dry and you'll have a nice water spot as well.

Are you talking about flat and horizontal surfaces on the car? If so, those cars have not been made in last 30 years! After Taurus was introduced, there were no cars with flat horizontal surfaces. They are all curved and sloping one way or another.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Are you talking about flat and horizontal surfaces on the car? If so, those cars have not been made in last 30 years! After Taurus was introduced, there were no cars with flat horizontal surfaces. They are all curved and sloping one way or another.

Not completely flat but flat enough that water will stand on the surface. I just detailed a bran new Kia Optima and a 2015 Ford F150 and both of them had plenty of water on the hood and roof after rinsing them. The surfaces were flat enough that the water would not roll off.

A minority opinion: Optimum spray wax, which is really a spray sealant.

Collinite 476 is simply phenomenal, but the overall efficiency of Optimum can't be beat. Fairly durable and easy. Every couple of months you reapply. Big deal.

Take the truck to a coin operated car wash and hammer the undercarriage hard to keep it in condition.

Optimum makes great stuff. Nu Funish is just junk though, not sure why anyone would waste their time with such [censored]. Might as well just cover your car in plastic wrap because that'll be better than Doo Finish.

I'm considering trying Rejex again on one of my vehicles and doing a comparison to the higher priced products. Rejex held up quite well for me in the past, and the higher priced Menzerna Powerlock paint sealant is not lasting as long.

All about the prep. Ive used paint sealants -Turtle wax one and it has not lasted even 6 months. I am going to use a turtle wax max power wash, clay, followed by iron x, a rinse, megs 105, 205 and then nu finish followed by paint protect. Thats my plan. For the price Nu Finish is a decent product. I tested it against collinite 845 and nu finish outlasted it. Maybe collinite 476 would outlast it though. Many options but for 8.99 for usually a bonus size bottle, Nu finish does quite well.

Last edited:
While at the local hardware store, I saw Nufinish on sale for $6.99. I picked up a bottle and used it on the truck. I'll apply another coat before winter. I'm very happy with the looks of the finish. We'll see how it holds up.

Optimum makes great stuff. Nu Funish is just junk though, not sure why anyone would waste their time with such [censored]. Might as well just cover your car in plastic wrap because that'll be better than Doo Finish.

I don't like Nu Finish either, but a lot of people do. I don't get it...

Originally Posted By: grampi

I don't like Nu Finish either, but a lot of people do. I don't get it...

Add me to the don't like it list. I tried it and wasn't impressed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back