Long term protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: Throt
Collinite No. 476S, best on the market.

http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/super-doublecoat-paste-wax/

At 2-3 times the cost of Nufinish and Duragloss, is Collinite that much better? I'm just looking for long term protection. Shine isn't that much of a concern.

If cost is a factor, and you don't mind the looks and the trim staining, then go with the Nufinish. It will last quite a while. If you don't mind paying a bit more and you want a better looking finish and no trim staining, then I'd say go with the Duragloss or Collinite...

I'm with you. I'd pay a little more for the Collinite and not have to worry about staining trim, or taking the extra time to mask it, or being extra careful applying it.

who says Duragloss do not stain trim? if so which specific Duragloss product are you talking about? I have few of them and none of them are transparent. They all stain the black trim.

I thought we buried the hatchet?

We did. My apologies. I was posting in a lot of topics and didn't realize I quoted you.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
who says Duragloss do not stain trim? if so which specific Duragloss product are you talking about? I have few of them and none of them are transparent. They all stain the black trim.

I guess it depends on what you consider "staining". On black trim, NF leaves a white looking residue, whereas Duragloss and Collinite just make it blacker, almost like you're treating it with something like Back to Black, or one of the other black trim restoring products...

Last edited:
At least NuFinish has a full money back guarantee...so if it doesn't last a year you can get your money back. Not sure if Duragloss or collinite does that (correct me if I'm wrong). Unless you want to pony up more money and do Cilajet (5 years worth of protection)...either of those will be splitting hairs as Chris B. has pointed out.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
At least NuFinish has a full money back guarantee...so if it doesn't last a year you can get your money back. Not sure if Duragloss or collinite does that (correct me if I'm wrong). Unless you want to pony up more money and do Cilajet (5 years worth of protection)...either of those will be splitting hairs as Chris B. has pointed out.

And if you want your money back, how do you prove it didn't last a year? Do you really think anyone has tried to get their money back whether they liked it or not? Good luck with that...

And if you want your money back, how do you prove it didn't last a year? Do you really think anyone has tried to get their money back whether they liked it or not? Good luck with that...

Lot's of companies stand behind the product. Mequier's sent me a free can of the Ultimate wax after I was disappointed with a can of the cleaner wax.

which Duragloss?

For what?

I asked which Duragloss product would be best for my application in the original post. Long term protection being my primary concern.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Take a look at Meguiar's Paint Protect 365.

Does it last as long as Nufinish or Duragloss?

I still have a sealed can of Meguairs "Unicorn Tears" Blue Wax tin (aka #16, look it up). The one I am using is not even half over. It was known to be one of the longest lasting wax in its heyday.

Lot's of companies stand behind the product. Mequier's sent me a free can of the Ultimate wax after I was disappointed with a can of the cleaner wax.

which Duragloss?

For what?

I asked which Duragloss product would be best for my application in the original post. Long term protection being my primary concern.

If you're looking for an all-in-one, the 105 is a good one...my personal favorite is the 501...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Take a look at Meguiar's Paint Protect 365.

Does it last as long as Nufinish or Duragloss?

Never used Nufinish or Duragloss so can't say but PP365 lasted the winter on my wife's CRV. So it is long term.
Bottom line is that there's many good products out there with similair longevity.
Right now I use Collinite 845 and PP365 and am satified with both. But I'm open to trying other products down the line.

I believe NuFinish would give you your money back if you were not 100% satisfied as they state. Whip is correct...most reputable companies stand behind their products...been my experience as well. My point was NuFinish has a stated guarantee...so they back what they say about 1 year protection.

I believe NuFinish would give you your money back if you were not 100% satisfied as they state. Whip is correct...most reputable companies stand behind their products...been my experience as well. My point was NuFinish has a stated guarantee...so they back what they say about 1 year protection.

And like I asked earlier, if you are not satisfied with their product, and/or it doesn't last a year, how are you going to prove to them that it didn't last a year? If they have a no questions asked guarantee, then great, but if you have to prove to them that their product didn't last a year as they claim it does, I don't see how someone could prove that.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
http://www.nufinish.com/products/car-polish

'And like I asked earlier, if you are not satisfied with their product, and/or it doesn't last a year, how are you going to prove to them that it didn't last a year?'

^ You could ask them. ^

I could, but I don't use it, so why would I?

Never really thought about or read their guarantee...but I believe they market as "a once a year car polish" and have a full money back guarantee if you are not satisfied (no need to prove didn't last a year. By the way I didn't use it because I thought they guaranteed one full year of protection. I see Grampi's point they do imply one year of protection...but they cannot test durability in every situation so they figure 90% of the time it will last a year. If you live in Death Valley or areas that have acid rain, etc...all bets are off for any product lasting too long. I don't feel they aggressively say one full year of protection. Good thing they have a full money back guarantee...sounds like a no risk product to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back