SuperTech oil filters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only filter that caused my Ford start up clatter was a ST about 12 years ago. Have used MC ever since.

Last edited:
Quote:
The only filter that caused my Ford start up clatter was a ST about 12 years ago. Have used MC ever since.

Back then the ST would have been made by Champ, and depending on application could likely have been an ecore using a nitrile combo valve. In that case, some start up rattle wouldn't be surprising. Not saying that's acceptable, just not surprising imo.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Quote:

Back then the ST would have been made by Champ, and depending on application could likely have been an ecore using a nitrile combo valve. In that case, some start up rattle wouldn't be surprising. Not saying that's acceptable, just not surprising imo.

I understand. The good part of that whole deal was, I changed the filter only to a MC FL 400 and the start up clatter was gone. At that point I have only used MC filters in my Fords with success. That was 12 or so years ago.

^^^^Similar happened to son when owned a new 05 4.6L Explorer. Had a Quik Lube installed filter that used a nitrile adbv, got a start up rattle for that oci. Switched back to FL820S for all future 5k mile ocis (non active OLM), no more rattle.

I found that the o-ring on cartridge may not be adequate for 10k OCI's. At least not for my 2.5L Camry. Other filters may be fine, YMMV, etc.

link

Last edited:
YMMV - Walmart has how many thousand stores??

Inventory is never the same in every store or area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back