Where do you buy your car parts?.,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KingCake
The fact no one has said worldpac here is very telling.

Worldpac doesn't sell to regular customers, only wholesalers/distributors AFAIK

And AAP owns them anyway

Originally Posted By: supton
For my Toyota's I've gotten from the dealer some oil and filters, coolant and wiper blades. The rest has been small parts from toyotapartsdeal.com (or somesuch), and OEM filters off eBay. Honestly, I'd rather order online, and then I'll shop for price and/or quality. I'll only buy locally if I absolutely have to--it's a 30 mile drive (or more) to get parts. I certainly call ahead!

Back when I had my VW I used IDParts.com for most all my VW parts needs. Back then I mailordered everything, including oil.

I work on lots of Toyotas. So far the following brands have had OE quality fitment and build if you ever need alternate sources.

EP Auto cabin air filters (Amazon)
Pentius/Ecogard air filters (Amazon)
Mann air filters (Amazon)
Michelin wiper blades (sold at walmart and others)
Fram Tough guard oil filters (Walmart, Amazon)
Thanks, I could use another source for wiper blades--they aren't cheap at the dealer.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

And AAP owns them anyway

Worldpac sells directly to independent shops. Don't know why you're talking about them if you don't know anything about them.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

And AAP owns them anyway

Carquest will order stuff from Worldpac on request - and their prices are actually pretty good for what it is.

I've been buying parts off Amazon and RockAuto - I know an acquaintance at the local Toyota dealer for OEM stuff, he can't order anything from the Lexus parts book though.

I haven't really had to replace many components on my 04 Camry V6. Replaced starter in late 15 with a remanufactured Denso unit from sparkplugs.com. Thermostat,hoses and radiator cap all come from an OEM online source. I have found having owned three Toyotas and four Hondas that the OEM parts are the best way to go.

Online:
#1 Rockauto.com
#2 Partsgeek.com
#3 Amazon.com
#4 Summitracing.com

What I get offline is different.
#1 dealer if all aftermarket parts are weak. If the aftermarket parts is equal or better, I go elsewhere.
#2 NAPA
#3 O'Reilly
#4 Autozone
#5 Advance
#6 Pep Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back