Oreo cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a coworker that's been eating those thin Oreo cookies daily, says the thin Oreo's helps his diet
crazy.gif

Seems to me he's eating 3 or 4 times in cookie count which probably equals near the amount he was eating the normal size Oreo's. I don't get it.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: totegoat
Wife went out this morning, picked apples, and made a pie. Sure smells better than Oreos
thumbsup2.gif

True-but the pie recipe is going to call for AT LEAST a cup of sugar.....
And lard for the crust.

Heck yea it did, and I bet it was delicious! Whats up with all the food Nazis? Can a man not enjoy a slice of apple pie anymore? They greatest dessert (IMO) ever created!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I eat well but still have a sweet tooth that gets exercised once in a while but I'm careful.

Have you ever seen a fat person that is 80 year old. Nope. Fat people mostly die off before 70 or if they happen to make to 70 they are no longer self propelled.

I can think of at least three cultures that have large people that live to be very old.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Originally Posted By: totegoat
Wife went out this morning, picked apples, and made a pie. Sure smells better than Oreos
thumbsup2.gif

True-but the pie recipe is going to call for AT LEAST a cup of sugar.....
And lard for the crust.

Heck yea it did, and I bet it was delicious! Whats up with all the food Nazis? Can a man not enjoy a slice of apple pie anymore? They greatest dessert (IMO) ever created!
I usually always have some homemade peach pie around.

I eat well but still have a sweet tooth that gets exercised once in a while but I'm careful.

Have you ever seen a fat person that is 80 year old. Nope. Fat people mostly die off before 70 or if they happen to make to 70 they are no longer self propelled.

I can think of at least three cultures that have large people that live to be very old.

Not in America. Sure, there are exceptions but when I'm in the hospital for my cancer all the people at about 80 are slender. The fat ones at 50-60 or so are done, life is a scooter or walker and life is miserable.

So, if you're 40 or so and fat don't worry. Keep smoking and drinking and eating fast food. It won't catch up to you for at least 10 years and then you'll struggle to do anything. But don't worry, 10 years is a long time until you look back.

Not in America.
Sure, there are exceptions but when I'm in the hospital for my cancer all the people at about 80 are slender. The fat ones at 50-60 or so are done, life is a scooter or walker and life is miserable.

So, if you're 40 or so and fat don't worry. Keep smoking and drinking and eating fast food. It won't catch up to you for at least 10 years and then you'll struggle to do anything. But don't worry, 10 years is a long time until you look back.

Those same cultures live in America. Don't know what suburb you live in. Must be pretty homogeneous.

Then again-if you live behind the "Orange Curtin" or some other place like it -it would account for your "views".

Last edited:

Do you care to enlighten us?

Genetics has a lot to do with weight and long life. I have relatives with Danish genes, females, live into their 90's and overweight their whole lives. Sweet rolls and beer for breakfast.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner

Do you care to enlighten us?

NOPE-Not going to do any where near race issues. So-the answer is NO.

Yes.

Ernest Borgnine (95)? William Shatner (90)? Shelly Winters? Don Rickles (90)? There's lots of them. And not just celebrities. Based on that, I'd say that your satisfaction with life, activity level, and social network has as much to do with longevity as your weight. Maybe harder to find above 80 and 90 are former world class athletes like marathoners or body builders. Intense exercise for decades is probably more stressful than moderate activity from a fat person.

Repeal of Glass-Steagall and the 2000 Commodities and Futures Modernization Act (derivatives regulation...or lack of it) did the trick for the big banks from 2001-2008. I never knew that Oreos were part of those bills.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX

Yes.

Ernest Borgnine (95)? William Shatner (90)? Shelly Winters? Don Rickles (90)? There's lots of them. And not just celebrities. Based on that, I'd say that your satisfaction with life, activity level, and social network has as much to do with longevity as your weight. Maybe harder to find above 80 and 90 are former world class athletes like marathoners or body builders. Intense exercise for decades is probably more stressful than moderate activity from a fat person.

Repeal of Glass-Steagall and the 2000 Commodities and Futures Modernization Act (derivatives regulation...or lack of it) did the trick for the big banks from 2001-2008. I never knew that Oreos were part of those bills.
Most things good and bad are due to genetics.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I am not old enough to worry about what I eat. I kinda not sure I ever want to be that old to worry about it.
you need to take care of your self now. When you find out that you need to take care of your self it is too late. Like quitting smoking after you find out you have lung cancer. Though some get lung cancer that don't smoke. Live hard die young and leave a good looking corpse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back