Oreo cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guess what hoss... keep moving ALL means if production out of this country and see what's left. Going nowhere jobs paying $8-$12 an hour with no future, no benefits, and no realistic chance of ever making real living money. Good, bad, or indifferent, this process has been going on for over the last 40 plus years. It's now finally starting to be realized by the people in this nation that something is terribly amiss. The loss of decent paying production jobs has led to a hollowing out of the middle class. 66% of the magic jobs "created" in the last 8 years have been low paying $7-$13 an hour jobs. Wonder why young people are frustrated?? There's your answer.

Let's be clear here... it's not one group of the ideological spectrum who have been doing this. It's been BOTH sides performing this little trick to "save" money and return more "value" to the lovely beholden "shareholders". Well, given enough time and loss of production jobs this leads to a strong polarization of income potential in this country. This nation has been sold up the river for a very long time.

Now, one side of the spectrum is all too happy to enjoy the benefits of having a large percentage of the populous dependant upon them to "even" out this inequality. Truth of the matter is they want just this scenario. While they themselves enjoy the benefits of out sourcing all the production jobs for their own private gain. While they get great returns to their shareholders and themselves all the while relegating the masses beneath them to a life of meager means at best. This is the nasty little "secret" these people take advantage of because they know the vast majority of people in this country are just plain ignorant of what's really going on. The other side of the spectrum plays the same game to gain their own personal wealth all the while draping themselves in the flag of this country. ALL the while selling out their OWN country's future for their own private gain and their "shareholders" buddies.

This country is headed for the trash heap due to the mismanagement of taxation policies, misplaced allegiances, and placing shareholders and profits ahead of their own nation's future. This sad state of affairs has been all too easy to play on a largely ignorant and downright stupid American public. The financial collapse in 07-08.... ask any regular citizen what Glass Stegall act did and see what percentage of people know what the Sam world you are talking about. This was the Lynch pin of why ALL that garbage went down... And I'd bet you a $1000 to your $1 that 90% of people in this country have no clue what that law had been in place for and WHY it greatly assisted in the financial collapse. A nation of morons get what we deserve I guess. Easy to mislead a nation largely comprised of fools. Just ask the Jim Jones followers...

Originally Posted By: Danno
FWIW, just checked a bag of double stuff Oreos. Made in Toronto.

You might have to go north of the border for the good stuff.

Here's a deal:
We'll ship you oils you can't get cheap north of the border, and you can ship us Canadian-made Oreos.

"We'll ship you oils you can't get cheap north of the border, and you can ship us Canadian-made Oreos."

A type of colonialism AT BEST.

Generally speaking, shop the ring of the store, do not shop the aisles. Yeah, yeah, it's OK to have a treat once in a while but when you look at the per pound price of any "fun food" you can see the rip-off.

Cookies, crackers, chips for dips. Pretzels are the best value in the munchie department by far.

Cheers, Kira

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Originally Posted By: Danno
FWIW, just checked a bag of double stuff Oreos. Made in Toronto.

You might have to go north of the border for the good stuff.

Here's a deal:
We'll ship you oils you can't get cheap north of the border, and you can ship us Canadian-made Oreos.

Some ad watching last week got me PP at $20 USD for 5 Liter jugs (5.2 Quarts) at Canadian Tire before a $7 USD rebate.
PYB can be had a couple times a year at WM for $10 USD per 4.73 Quarts.

But hey, I am open to this barter system.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
The financial collapse in 07-08.... ask any regular citizen what Glass Stegall act did and see what percentage of people know what the Sam world you are talking about. This was the Lynch pin of why ALL that garbage went down... And I'd bet you a $1000 to your $1 that 90% of people in this country have no clue what that law had been in place for and WHY it greatly assisted in the financial collapse.

This statement makes it sound like Glass-Steagall played a part in the collapse. It can be argued that the repeal of portions of Glass-Steagall aided the collapse, not the Glass-Steagall act itself. However, it's still a debated topic as to if this really played a large part. My personal opinion is that it allowed the banks to do certain things that made the collapse worse but they would likely have found other ways even if parts of the act were not repealed.

No No...I will send all the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum,Sonic Drive Thru,Braums, and White Castle to you in exchange for...(loading).....Double Stack Oreo with the Fabrique/Made in Canada marking,some Tim Hortons Coffee, Donairs WITH sauce from Nova Scotia AND I'll take the Bell Centre with the 24 Stanley Cups won by the Habs and you got a deal.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I was just informed a company called Mondelez bought kraft foods which owned Nabisco or something like that.
Very few things taste like they used to.

Kraft split a couple of years ago and formed Kraft Foods and Mondelez to focus on separate parts of the food industry. Mondelez included Nabisco, who was the original manufacturer of Oreos. Kraft has now merged with Heinz foods and is owned by 3G and Warren Buffet.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Originally Posted By: Padawan
And now, it's no more Oreo cookies.
frown.gif

I know it sounds drastic, but you could consider going to the store and buying them yourself.

You're not married, are you?

Sure am.

My wife started buying the generic Oreos, which taste pretty much the same. Funny thing about it all. Oreo moved to Mexico to make more profit, now no one wants to buy thier cookies and they are lowering the price and lowering thier profit, meanwhile American cookie makers who had to sell cheap to move cookies are raising thier prices due to demand and generics cost the same or more than Oreos and are still selling more. Cute how that works.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Padawan
And now, it's no more Oreo cookies.
frown.gif

I know it sounds drastic, but you could consider going to the store and buying them yourself.

lol.gif
or consider the health benefits of not eating them. I think they still use hydrogenated fats in it, just small enough amount not to show up on the nutrition label under trans fat.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
My wife won't buy my Oreo cookies any more because all the packages at our local grocery store now read "Made in Mexico".

She started looking at the labels when some of the white filling had yellow streaks in it. She returned the package and received a refund. And now, it's no more Oreo cookies.
frown.gif

It's astonishing that anyone would actually eat something like that-loaded with sugars and calories but with virtually no nutritional value. Not buying them will probably do both your health and waistline a huge favor.

I am astonished at those who keep 200 quarts of oil in their garage.......

Wife went out this morning, picked apples, and made a pie. Sure smells better than Oreos
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Wife went out this morning, picked apples, and made a pie. Sure smells better than Oreos
thumbsup2.gif

True-but the pie recipe is going to call for AT LEAST a cup of sugar.....

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: totegoat
thumbsup2.gif

True-but the pie recipe is going to call for AT LEAST a cup of sugar.....
And lard for the crust.

I eat well but still have a sweet tooth that gets exercised once in a while but I'm careful.

Have you ever seen a fat person that is 80 year old. Nope. Fat people mostly die off before 70 or if they happen to make to 70 they are no longer self propelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back