Walmart carries some Nokian Tires online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea of selection because they did not have my particular size. I noticed in a bad search I got Nokian tires. This is Walmart.com with free site to store shipping.

6 pages of them. Not bad. The Zline looks like the old WR G2, willing to wager it IS the G2, since the G3 is now the current tread in the WR line. Nothing in those six pages in 225/60-17 either. Why is 225/60-17 such an oddball size? I like their Rotiiva AT all terrain tire, looks very capable.

I just tried it and wasn't able to find Nokian tires. I wonder if it's a regional thing? Nokians are more available in the Northeast and in the Rocky Mountain region...

Edit: I had a set of Hakapelliittas on my Volvo in Vermont, Vatiiva AT on the 4Runner, and WR G2 on the Volvo XC. I really like Nokian tires and would gladly buy another set but there are no dealers anywhere near me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
I just tried it and wasn't able to find Nokian tires. I wonder if it's a regional thing? Nokians are more available in the Northeast and in the Rocky Mountain region...

Edit: I had a set of Hakapelliittas on my Volvo in Vermont, Vatiiva AT on the 4Runner, and WR G2 on the Volvo XC. I really like Nokian tires and would gladly buy another set but there are no dealers anywhere near me.

That's the issue I run into. The only reasonably priced Nokians I can find are priced way above Michelins and available from some small shop that has a 7 year old set or something. I don't want a 7 year old set of snow tires.

I'd like to find some Hakapellittas for my Focus, would be great in the snow with them!

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
6 pages of them. Not bad. The Zline looks like the old WR G2, willing to wager it IS the G2, since the G3 is now the current tread in the WR line. Nothing in those six pages in 225/60-17 either. Why is 225/60-17 such an oddball size? I like their Rotiiva AT all terrain tire, looks very capable.

zLine are summer tires. Some sizes made in Russia, some in Finland.

Krzys

Okay, I see that now on Nokian's site. Walmart, however, has picture for the Zline of a much more aggressively siped and treaded tire resembling very closely the pattern of the WR G2's on my Forester
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back