Walmarts Tire Prices

I was checking Walmart.com for tire prices and noticed they have the same tire listed about five times . Here are the different prices I'm seeing $284 , $302 , $402 and $463 sold and shipped by WM . Are they priced on age and tire rot ? :LOL:

Last edited:
I was checking Walmart.com for tire prices and noticed they have the same tire listed about five times . Here are the different prices I'm seeing $284 , $302 , $402 and $463 sold by WM . Are they priced on age and tire rot ? :LOL:
Probably based upon the pricing of the specific third party provider (e.g., fulfilled by TireRack, SimpleTire, etc.) at the time each listing was posted.

I was checking Walmart.com for tire prices and noticed they have the same tire listed about five times . Here are the different prices I'm seeing $284 , $302 , $402 and $463 sold and shipped by WM . Are they priced on age and tire rot ? :LOL:

what Nukeman sed..

You missed the part in bold

Most items "Sold and Shipped by WalMart.com" are sourced from a third party supplier that pays WalMart Fulfilment Services (WFS) to handle the entire listing and transaction, including any issues that may arise such as returns, exchanges and refunds. The pricing may be dynamic and is agreed to by both WalMart and the supplier and is very similar to Amazon's model. I recently purchased a set of Kumho Tires that were Sold and Shipped by WalMart.com that arrived with WM shipping labels applied on top of Tires-Easy inventory labels.

WalMart also offers their "Marketplace" seller option where shipping, handling and all other functions are handled directly by the third party seller. Basically, the WalMart Marketplace is a fee-based virtual storefront for the sellers, similar to Etsy and eBay.

Are you certain there identical? You can get different load rating / speed rating LT vs P rating, etc on the same size and brand of tire?

Having said that, Walmart online seems incompetent in many ways. Hard to believe, they seem to run there stores very well.

I have never seen that. There may be a small difference but most times after I research on line, when I go to the store they usually have better price in person. I have been buying tires form walmart for over 20 years no problems. I used to be a big supporter and customer of Sear Tires and Auto Shops. We had one or two of them in area that were great for everyting from batteries/tires (all brands) to suspension work etc.... Loved those shops and its a shame all gone. Try a couple Walmart places in your area as opposed to the internet pricing.

Back