Did something a bit reckless today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put 2 bottles of Techron (12oz) into a full tank of gas. Car probably has about 13 gallons of gas in it (guessing). Any harm?

I'm wondering if I should do any early oil change?

if it bothers you - fill up again at half a tank and get more out of the expensive cleaner.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
if it bothers you - fill up again at half a tank and get more out of the expensive cleaner.

Good idea.
smile.gif

I'm basically running 24 oz in about 12 or so gallons of gas and it's Shell VPower.

Originally Posted By: 4WD

I would do this several times.

Did that by accident one day when I but two bottles in the wife's car thinking that I already put some in mine!

Never hurt it a bit, and I did fill it up at halfway too....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
stop worrying. I put the 20 gallon bottle into my 11 gallon tank once a year. No issues.

Don't believe you. Either your tank will explode (unless its rubber) or the Universe will.

No reason to worry, your vehicle will survive. Good choice by the way, Techron seems to be a good product.

Im pretty sure He meant the 20 oz
Tecron is good stuff i think they make the fuel injector cleaner for the car companies also labeled with their name on it.

No it was (2) 12oz bottles filled up with Shell VPower. 24oz total.

Just not sure about the impact on spark plugs and oil. That's what concerns me.

I called Chevron. The only concern of over dosing on Techron is thinning out the oil, but that is most likely in cars with worn piston rings. My car is new and does not consume any oil however I will do an early oil change this time to play it safe.

Originally Posted By: buster
I called Chevron. The only concern of over dosing on Techron is thinning out the oil, but that is most likely in cars with worn piston rings. My car is new and does not consume any oil however I will do an early oil change this time to play it safe.

Have you done any UOA's? Our Acadia doesn't use any oil at all but the UOA's show high fuel dilution. If your UOA's don't show any fuel dilution then you should be fine I would thnk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back