Everyones Favorite Dino and Synthetic at Wal Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how the tides change around here so what is everyones favorite oils these days.. I know at one point it was Pennzoil yellow bottle but people say Pennzoil lost its Punch.. But i have not seen any proof of any of this. How about store bought Synthetics..
If this was discussed recently i did not see it so please excuse me.

My favorite for years was Pennzoil/Quaker State but am recently changing to Mobil For synthetic's and possibly Dino also because my brother is going to be using Mobil at his new shop opening soon. We are meeting with my oil guy This week.

Any responses you get on this topic will be very subjective, not based on any hard data, so take it for what it's worth.

As far as synthetics at Walmart, mine would be Castrol Edge 0w-40, based on the mfg specs that it meets and the type of cars that I own.

Hard to pick from but PYB in several flavors and Castrol Mag 5w20 because it does 10K OCI's with ease.

Supertech!

Especially since I have a few jugs of synthetic that I got for like $10.

Their prices on pretty much everything beats any of the other stores, so whatever is at walmart is my favorite I guess.

Both vehicles have synthetic in them right now but once I run out of my stash, who knows! Whatever is on rollback at walmart!

I'd have to say PYB and PPPP, because they are the most readily available at WM in Canada.

PPPP doesn't go on sale that often at WM up here. Everyday price is around $47 per jug.

My favorite is the cheapest on sale dino you can find for cars that I run on dino, and the cheapest on sale synthetic I can find for cars I run on synthetic. That's it. If it's SM/SN rated, it's good enough for me.

I have 120 plus quarts in my garage, all bought on clearance/sale/rebate. I keep saying that I will stop buying oil and stop stashing oil, and use Wal-Mart as my stash, but it hasn't happened yet and probably wont happen for a few years until I can go through it all.

Walmart has the best price on M1 and XOM has rebates all the time making it an even sweeter deal. Unlike SOPUS rebates, XOM rebates are honored consistently.

Originally Posted By: JC1
I'd have to say PYB and PPPP, because they are the most readily available at WM in Canada.

PPPP doesn't go on sale that often at WM up here. Everyday price is around $47 per jug.

what is pppp?

Pennzoil platinum seems to give me better gas mileage and sounds the quietest. I don't think it's my imagination because I really wasn't expecting it. I usually use Quaker State if Iam paying full price. I really don't like Motorcraft even though I used it exclusively in the Lincoln, just seemed other oils gave me better performance when I got away from it such as fuel mileage and smoothness. No tear downs.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
I'd have to say PYB and PPPP, because they are the most readily available at WM in Canada. PPPP doesn't go on sale that often at WM up here. Everyday price is around $47 per jug.
what is pppp?
I am guessing it is Pennzoil PurePlus Platinum

Using the limitation of what is available at WM:

For gassers - MS5K for conventional and M1 (M1 AFE or regular M1) for synthetic.

For diesels - Delo 400 LE (15W-40) or Shell T3 (15W-40) for conventional and Delo 400 LE (5W-40) for synthetic.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: lexus114
I'd have to say PYB and PPPP, because they are the most readily available at WM in Canada. PPPP doesn't go on sale that often at WM up here. Everyday price is around $47 per jug.
what is pppp?
I am guessing it is Pennzoil PurePlus Platinum

thanks..
wink.gif

I'm partial to Mobil 1 as I'm a sucker for advertising. Given the rebates I'll probably stick with that. But recently I picked up some PP which... didn't make my engine blow up, so I'll be fine using that too.

Honestly, if I ever get a beater I'll probably feed it Supertech, or whatever is on sale. Not sure that any of them are that different for it to matter in a beater (not esp if it burns oil); just whatever is cheap. At Walmart that is--dimestore oil need not apply.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
How About High Mileage Oils?? I forgot to ask about them.

I've been loving the Valvoline MaxLife Full Syn lately

It's my favorite HM oil.... haven't tried the new Castrol Edge HM yet

For my Honda PPPP 0w20 is my go too. Whenever I start doing oil changes on the VW I'll probably use Castol 0/5w40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back