Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
My portfolio was down less that 0.2% today. All in all a wash slight plus - in the sense I am not all that much cash yet hardly down - and portfolio hardly flexed in this flash crash. My REITs did great. Gold and silver killed it. My few mostly useless financials dove. THOUGH - I bought AB at bargain pricing - I've been watching this one for yield, just waiting for a good price. This AM it tanked, so I went in. It popped up decently quite quickly. So now I have another decent income stream. I don't hold a bunch of energy plays BUT now seems like refiners were oversold. Check them out with caution.

I'm down less then 1%, I'm up over 5% YTD. 2 of my stocks were up more then 1%. yesterday.

I put in a small lowball order for SWKS. Looks interesting.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
I bought SWKS again. Down 8%. No ties to the UK.

I didn't see this when I posted this morning. I had forgotten about your earlier buy. Interesting...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
BP is paying ~7.5%

What's the possibility of a cut in dividend ?

Who knows? Div cuts are always possible. I've been through a couple. BP is hated right now because of the golf spill, but they are a big company. I bought at $45 just before the oil crash. This year I doubled down at $28. If it gets below $29 I'll buy more.

YMMV

Talking heads saying to expect more down side tomorrow as traders get caught short and have to cover.

I'll be keeping an eye on a few items.

Talking heads saying to expect more down side tomorrow as traders get caught short and have to cover.

Doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted By: Warstud

Doesn't make sense.

I was going to say... Short squeeze drives prices up, at least temporarily.

I'd think if anything, more people would flock to the dollar and US markets.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Warstud

Doesn't make sense.

Short squeeze drives prices up, at least temporarily.

Right...someone's thinking of Margin Calls and Sell Stops.
You want defensive stocks in this environment.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440

I'll be keeping an eye on a few items.

Like ???

Well, it's a good thing I cancelled that limit order for BCS. it opened much lower today. Still no purchases here.

Two days of losses and we have people speculating that the biggest bear market since 2008 is looming ahead.

I call [censored]. Two weeks from now we will be right back to where we were.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Two days of losses and we have people speculating that the biggest bear market since 2008 is looming ahead.

I call [censored]. Two weeks from now we will be right back to where we were.

Agreed. VXUS (vanguard total international) was at a similar price in March. We haven't had a catastrophic drop. Its just that they need shtuff to talk about when the news runs 24/7.

Don't pay attention to the noise.

If you can believe the VIX, then markets are apparently looking at this as relatively short term...a financial reaction to a political event where there's a strong possibility that it's a bit of an overreaction.

The end of the world wouldn't stop me from dollar cost averaging or putting smaller lump sums in relatively conservative and appropriate vehicles. So, Brexit and whatever happens around it probably won't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back