Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring

Status
Not open for further replies.
any good? with the rebate, 40 off instantly and 100 off 500, I was able to get a set of these for $164 shipped to my door. YouTube has good reviews.

size: 195/60R15

Last edited:
they seem very good so far, but too new for definitive answer.

I'd say they will probably be very good to excellent considering price paid(value) and of course depending on your criteria of what you are looking for from a tire besides "round & black"

oh, during their black friday sale, I ordered some tires for the Camry online, they txted me to call them and I was on hold 5 times for about 1.5-2 hours to no avail. Only to finally get a hold of them and they said that my shipping will be delayed 2 days...they could have emailed me that...

They asked me to fill out an online survey regarding their customer service and I did, and they emailed me the 100 off 500 code associated only with my email, because of their poor customer service is all. though I won't get my 8-10 hours that I was on hold back, at least they tried to make up for it.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Where are they on sale?

Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring

Hmm, I don't see any $100 off $500?

Yea right now its $10 off a tire of you order 4 instantly.

These are really good tires. My BiL, nephew, and 2 customer's of mine recently got a full set.

Cooper makes a good tire. Got good mileage out of my earlier cooper tires.
Really good price you got too. Enjoy

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Why do people ask for reviews after they've bought the item?

OP should post his review/opinion about the tire after he bought and installed it.

I already read plenty of reviews before ordering but I figured it won't "hurt" to ask BITOG's experience on these tires as well but, I guess it somehow ticked you off, I had no idea that I had to clear it with you before asking, next time I will seek your "permission" before.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
OP should post his review/opinion about the tire after he bought and installed it.

I will but my wife drives about 500 miles a year, now that she is going to pharmacy college in Laramie, WY.

It will be a while but, I will be able to post updates regarding how they handle snow.

Last edited:

There is something in human nature to try to second guess something that one has done. It shows up a lot in purchases, because that is something we humans do frequently. Some people are worse (or better?) than others. For some, it becomes almost an obsession.

I have the new CS5's on both my cars. They are better than the Michelin Defenders.

I am looking to put Coopers on the truck, altho it won't be CS5's.

any good? with the rebate, 40 off instantly and 100 off 500, I was able to get a set of these for $164 shipped to my door. YouTube has good reviews.

...$164?....$500 - 100 - 40 = $360

What am I missing?

Originally Posted By: KitaCam

...$164?....$500 - 100 - 40 = $360

What am I missing?

There were other tires for another car for someone else.

315.96 (other tires) + 264.00 (CS5 Ultras) = 579.96 - 100 (100 off 500)
479.96 total

Other tires: 315.96 - 50 = 265.96
CS5 Ultras: 264.00 - 50 = 214.00

Other tires: 265.96 - 40 (visa prepaid card) = 225.96
CS5 Ultras: 214 - 50 (visa prepaid card) = 164.00

Well, it looks like the cs5/UT is my next tire...

A local Toyo shop has my size (215,55,17) for $95 (plus mntg/bal/tx of $35)...and Cooper's next rebate starts March 1...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I have the new CS5's on both my cars. They are better than the Michelin Defenders.

I am looking to put Coopers on the truck, altho it won't be CS5's.

I have heard good things about their new suv/truck tires.

I bought a set of the Cooper cs5 ultras for my wifes car yesterday. IIRC they're the 215 55 R17, on a 2006 Toyota Avalon. I have bought Michelins for years but thought I'd give these Coopers a try. $514.00 OTD with one free rotation and free flat repairs. I only drove about 15 miles with them yesterday but they seem to ride good and they're pretty quiet....time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back