Pirelli Scorpion All-Terrain Plus feedback?

I’ve been looking at all terrains for my Silverado, and Sam‘s has these for a great price with instant savings. $818 installed out the door for a set of 4. I’m mostly on road with slight off-road. The tire rack reviews seem really good for them, I’m just looking for someone who has ran them before I pull the trigger. We’ve had Pirellis on the XC90 for the last 2 sets and I’ve been happy with them, but they’re touring tires.

I’ve been looking at all terrains for my Silverado, and Sam‘s has these for a great price with instant savings. $818 installed out the door for a set of 4. I’m mostly on road with slight off-road. The tire rack reviews seem really good for them, I’m just looking for someone who has ran them before I pull the trigger. We’ve had Pirellis on the XC90 for the last 2 sets and I’ve been happy with them, but they’re touring tires.
Scorpions are awesome. Don't hesitate. If you can buy them at a price you like, jump on it. Really great traction. I had them on a Frontier before it got t-boned. In fact, most Pirellis are outstanding. I don't know of any of their models I didn't like. If you buy the Scorpions, it will be the best purchase you make this year. That price you were quoted at Sam's seems good. Don't forget Sam's does free rotations - the secret to tire long life. Good luck.. PS: I see you're from Texas? Say Hi to Willie for me.

Father-in-law had them on his Jeep Renegade. They worked well in dry/wet/snow. It never saw off road. He is a mostly around town driver but did have dealer rotate pretty regularly. He only got about 35k out of them iirc and they got pretty loud at the end with odd wear patterns. We replaced them with Falken Wildpeak AT Trail. He wanted that more off road look with the sidewalls (like when we got the Scorpions). So far the Falkens are good also but they are still pretty new. Much quieter then the worn Pirelli's.

My 2021 F-150 came with them. After 13,000 miles, I still really like them for my use, which is mostly commuting. Very quiet and comfortable. They are great for dry and wet pavement, good in snow and ice, and adequate on dirt roads.

Not really an off road tire though. Some guys on the truck forums hate them with a passion, not sure why.

That said, my next set will likely be Michelin with the 3PMS winter designation. But I am in no hurry to replace them.

What size are you buying? Since you're mostly on-road usage have you considered their highway terrain offerings?

My only knowledge on the Pirelli Scorpion A/T tires is a good friend who bought a set for his 2004 Tacoma and hated them.

Never could get them not to shake going down the road.

He ended up replacing with a set of Michelin LTX M/S-2 and was happy.

EDIT: This was in around 2006-2007 timeframe.

Last edited:
What size are you buying? Since you're mostly on-road usage have you considered their highway terrain offerings?
Stock size, 265/65/18. I’ve been heavily considering the Michelin Defender M/S too. I’m sure they can handle everything I need, but I like the look of the AT tires.

I have the Falken Wildpeak AT3W on there now. I love everything about them except for the wear. I’m down to 4/32” at around 20,000 miles. They have worn super fast! I’d buy them again if they were still the price they used to be. Now that they’ve become popular, the price is up about $100 a tire over what I paid for them.

Back