2014-15 NFL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: deven
If Brady wins this one, in my eyes he is the best QB to ever play this game.

I'm a little worried. Seattle looks like a bunch of thugs.

Patriots would have won the superbowl if they played Green Bay!!!
Seahawks defense will destroy Tom Brady. Seahawks are defending champions. Seahawks defense made Peyton Manning look weak in last year superbowl in that blowout. Patriot fans should be scared of this match up. Patriots defense needs to stop Russell Wilson. if they can stop seahawk offense, this will be a low scoring superbowl. Ala, Patriots vs Rams, when the rams offense was shut down and won by a field goal. so, if the pats defense doesn't show up, seahawks will win easily.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

Seahawks defense will destroy Tom Brady. Seahawks are defending champions. Seahawks defense made Peyton Manning look weak in last year superbowl in that blowout. Patriot fans should be scared of this match up. Patriots defense needs to stop Russell Wilson. if they can stop seahawk offense, this will be a low scoring superbowl. Ala, Patriots vs Rams, when the rams offense was shut down and won by a field goal. so, if the pats defense doesn't show up, seahawks will win easily.

First off, GB already beat NE this year, so I don't know how you figure they would've lost in a second matchup. SEA was a better team last year, had they been as good this year as they were last, GB would've have dominated yesterday's game like they did. It took SEA a bunch of miracle lucky plays to win that game...you really are looking through SEA colored glasses if you think they will dominate NE...they will be lucky to win that game...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi

First off, GB already beat NE this year, so I don't know how you figure they would've lost in a second matchup. SEA was a better team last year, had they been as good this year as they were last, GB would've have dominated yesterday's game like they did. It took SEA a bunch of miracle lucky plays to win that game...you really are looking through SEA colored glasses if you think they will dominate NE...they will be lucky to win that game...

I believe that GB vs NE game was in Green bay, where Rodgers never throws an interception and they were 8-0. Instead of scoring 40 plus points, GB scored what 26 points? Not to take that away from them, but at a neutral site for Super Bowl, the Pats would have won against Green Bay. The old saying, it's hard beating a team twice in the same year. Bellichick defense would have come up something for Rodgers.

I still believe Seahawks will win the superbowl this year. The patriots will have to run the ball. If I see Tom Brady drop back to pass 50 times in the superbowl, he will be a sitting duck back there.

Patriots are now being investigated for possible cheating in the game against the Colts. Supposedly they were deflating footballs. The Patriots may lose draft choices if they are found guilty. I don't know if they engaged in cheating or not but why a team like the Patriots would feel they need to cheat against the Colts is beyond me. They won 45-7. So if it is true they engaged in cheating if they had not cheated maybe they would have won 38-7?

Years ago I think the Patriots were found guilty of cheating against......wait for it........the New York Jets. Were they worried they might not be able to beat the Jets? On the other hand sometimes the Patriots have had a hard time against the Jets.

Yes the Patriots have this great record but I feel that record has been tainted somewhat. Having said that, I hope the Patriots win in the Super Bowl. But I would be a lot happier if some other team was representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. San Diego, Kansas City, Denver, Pittsburgh, whoever.

And if Green Bay had won that game I would feel a lot better with Green Bay in the Super Bowl.

People are fixated on Seattle's defense but the Patriots dont have a bad defense themself. Since the Seahawks really dont have a true wideout threat the Pats can focus on blitzing more and stopping beast mode more. Honestly Green Bay scared me more on grass than Seattle does. I'd face Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers any day.

Originally Posted By: grampi

Green Bay beat NE at Lambeau with a healthy Aaron Rodgers. They almost blew a big lead in that game as well. So a second matchup could still be a toss up but I'm sure that no teams in NFL history have ever split their games in a season. One team ALWAYS wins them both, right?

The Seattle comeback was pretty good. I've seen some squeakers won by the Patriots, so I wasn't amazed. That GB beat them early on, is a problem that has been fixed. Belichek uses what he has pretty darn well. One game at a time. It isn't always pretty and doesn't always work, but his overall record speaks for itself

I wish Colt had put better defense; now Pats are going in to Superbowl with inflated heads vs Seahawks who are little humbled by GB.

Pats history will suggest that when they mercilessly beat other team, their next game shows their overconfidence.

Actually it was helium they put in the ball LOL Look at all the ducks Luck threw over his receivers heads!

per the story the idiot Indystar writer should look at the rulebooks, that Belichec is pretty [censored] smart if he fooled the referee who controls all 36 balls used and has a pressure guage and pump to make sure the balls are in spec.

But then again, maybe deflated balls made that Blount guy faster as he gashed the Dolts for 3 TD's and 160 yds!

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Patriots are now being investigated for possible cheating in the game against the Colts. Supposedly they were deflating footballs. The Patriots may lose draft choices if they are found guilty. I don't know if they engaged in cheating or not but why a team like the Patriots would feel they need to cheat against the Colts is beyond me. They won 45-7. So if it is true they engaged in cheating if they had not cheated maybe they would have won 38-7?

Years ago I think the Patriots were found guilty of cheating against......wait for it........the New York Jets. Were they worried they might not be able to beat the Jets? On the other hand sometimes the Patriots have had a hard time against the Jets.

Yes the Patriots have this great record but I feel that record has been tainted somewhat. Having said that, I hope the Patriots win in the Super Bowl. But I would be a lot happier if some other team was representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. San Diego, Kansas City, Denver, Pittsburgh, whoever.

And if Green Bay had won that game I would feel a lot better with Green Bay in the Super Bowl.

Luck did throw some ducks! Maybe he was really hyped up-excited to the max. And his passes were sailing.

The Colts need to put a better team around Luck. The Colts are not ready yet to be a Super Bowl team.

I was really disappointed that Green Bay lost. Going into the game I figured they would lose, especially with Aaron Rodgers being hurt. But they actually outplayed the Seahawks for about three quarters. Russell Wilson really played bad. And then after throwing four interceptions he can throw that perfect pass at the end. Go figure.

I guess at the Super Bowl they are really going to have to guard the footballs. Maybe somebody at bobistheoilguy.com can get that security job and also be in charge of checking the inflation of all of the footballs.

And remember, with the Jets it was videotaping training or something like that. It was supposed to be deflated footballs in the game with the Colts.

So more security people will have to guard the Seahawks training facility. They will need an indoor training facility with tight security and checking everybody who comes and goes. And that means checking everybody. The Seahawks will have four different training setups and the one for the Super Bowl will be selected at the last minute.

A special very high quality pressure gauge will be required for checking the pressure of the footballs. This pressure gauge will have to be developed and tested before the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
The trouble with Pat and Seahawk SB is that the rest of the country will have hard time deciding which one they hate the most. I mean they would prefer both to lose but that can't happen :)

Originally Posted By: Vikas
The trouble with Pat and Seahawk SB is that the rest of the country will have hard time deciding which one they hate the most. I mean they would prefer both to lose but that can't happen :)

Ha,Ha, Surely you Jest! Shady Brady and Bill Belacheat are the worst, Hawks will dominate, can't wait to see the Pats run out of the stadium with thier tails between their legs
crackmeup2.gif

I believe that GB vs NE game was in Green bay, where Rodgers never throws an interception and they were 8-0. Instead of scoring 40 plus points, GB scored what 26 points? Not to take that away from them, but at a neutral site for Super Bowl, the Pats would have won against Green Bay. The old saying, it's hard beating a team twice in the same year. Bellichick defense would have come up something for Rodgers.

I still believe Seahawks will win the superbowl this year. The patriots will have to run the ball. If I see Tom Brady drop back to pass 50 times in the superbowl, he will be a sitting duck back there.

I think you're wrong about a GB/NE matchup...the Pack would win it again...and you're wrong about Brady not being able to have time to throw the ball against the SEA D...they didn't pressure Rodgers much and he's got a gimpy leg...no, I think Brady will have time to throw...I think it's funny that you think GB would lose to NE, when they are clearly better than SEA (that win was nothing but pure luck and anyone who says it wasn't is a SEA homer), and yet you think the inferior to GB SEA team will beat NE...that doesn't make much sense...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back