New pennzoil platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new data sheets leave something to be desired. They reintroduced fogginess to the dexos1 approval. Obviously, people will have to continue to check the bottles. They did bring back A1/B1 A5/B5.

Originally Posted By: Garak
They did bring back A1/B1 A5/B5.

...In the xW-30 grades, anyway. 0W-20 and 5W-20 can still meet A1/B1 (at least ExxonMobil says their Mobil 1 does), and A1/B1 USED to be on Pennzoil Platinum, but not on the latest TDSes.

PP 10w30 with its 4.7 noack and 10.3 100C is mighty tasty.
Now...is it shear stable???

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Any hits in Canada yet?

Not here. Two weeks ago, one of the Walmarts opened a fresh pallet of the regular PP, and with the $45 advertised everyday low price (while QSUD and M1 were cut substantially), I suspect it won't move fast.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Any hits in Canada yet?

Not here. Two weeks ago, one of the Walmarts opened a fresh pallet of the regular PP, and with the $45 advertised everyday low price (while QSUD and M1 were cut substantially), I suspect it won't move fast.

Same at Walmart in Ottawa. No sale prices on the PP yet but I'm hoping it's the precusor to a clearout of Pennzoil's current stock for the new Platinum. I have to go to upstate NY to get my 5qt. jugs of Ultra at Walmart. Wonder if Canadian Walmarts will dare to stock Ultra again.

Last edited:
I'm not going to count on Ultra being at Walmart up here. They'll want way too much for it and then be paralyzed with fear when it doesn't move, and relegate it to the clearance shelf at $13.99 a litre like they did with the SM/GF-4 Edge, which is still lingering about.

I just wanted to post these for people who haven't seen the front & back of the new bottles yet.

Wal-Mart in Tulsa, Oklahoma

photo1_zpsbc1ed5e9.jpg

photo2_zpsa260ef9b.jpg

Hope we will see the new xW-40 offerings at Walmart, it'll be exciting if the new European car formula can dethrone the M1 0W-40

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
When will SOPUS finally change their bottle design? The current design is just boring.
smile.gif

I'm a lot more focused on what's in it, not what it's in.

Originally Posted By: dkryan
When will SOPUS finally change their bottle design? The current design is just boring.
smile.gif

Absolutely. While I know I am paying for the bottle, that is only because I have to have some way to get the oil home.

I do admit that marketing matters. But, really, are the Penzoil bottles any more or less interesting than any of the others? If the PP bottle sitting on the shelf in my garage is boring, then the M1 bottle sitting next to it is even more so.

smile.gif

Someone must have inadvertently turned off sense of humor in this forum. I will notify the board admin to see if he can re-enable it.

smile.gif

Someone must have inadvertently turned off sense of humor in this forum. I will notify the board admin to see if he can re-enable it.

Oh! Well, now I feel stoopid!
blush.gif

My apologies for missing that.

Saw for the first time today after work, thought I'd have something big to share, but, it is hitting more stores.
my meijer seems to only carry PP in 5w30.
after taking this, i went to the Menards behind Meijer to look for something else, and they had cases with the new look, but all the bottles in their rack are the old labels.

0209141513.jpg

Does this mean that to tell the difference now we will have to differentiate by using PPPP and PP? lol

Originally Posted By: volk06
Does this mean that to tell the difference now we will have to differentiate by using PPPP and PP? lol

Good point. Maybe shorthand should be P4 vs P2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back