Napa Platium vs Fram Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need more than pretty pics to compare. Know the Ultra specs, what about the Platinum? Whats the capacity and efficiency?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
How does the P1 compare with these 2 filters?

The P1 has excellent filtration but has less capacity (but should be great for up to a 10K OCI.)
I just wonder about 'flow' (especially in cold weather) with the P1.
Does anybody feel the P1 is restrictive?

Originally Posted By: pbm
I just wonder about 'flow' (especially in cold weather) with the P1.
Does anybody feel the P1 is restrictive?

Probably less restrictive than a lot of filters out there. Purolator uses lots of media area which helps it flow better.

This is with hot oil, but since you get the idea.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...451#Post1619451

Here's a graph that has been posted many times in the past showing cold oil flow.

Wix does not list a useful efficiency number, nor capacity, for the Platinum on it's website. Many of us have looked. It is reputed to be ~ the same efficiency as the Ultra, 99% @ 20um, but we don't know for sure. Leaky, you cold contact Wix and ask directly for your specific part number.

Lack of upfront specs will always steer me to one one for which the company is most upfront... in this case, Fram Ultra.

In truth, both are excellent filters and likely equal, or near equals, in efficiency and construction.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Wix does not list a useful efficiency number, nor capacity, for the Platinum on it's website. Many of us have looked. It is reputed to be ~ the same efficiency as the Ultra, 99% @ 20um, but we don't know for sure. Leaky, you cold contact Wix and ask directly for your specific part number.

Lack of upfront specs will always steer me to one one for which the company is most upfront... in this case, Fram Ultra.

In truth, both are excellent filters and likely equal, or near equals, in efficiency and construction.

Exactly this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back