[Cut Open] Honda 15400-PLM-A02 (Honeywell) ~6400Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 year in service.

The Acura is running a heavier oil and the engine is not nearly as clean as the Civic inside.

2Honeywella.jpg

2Honeywellb.jpg

2Honeywellc.jpg

UOA/VOA is in the Mail

I heard those were Toughguards and it sure looks like one. Was the ADBV orange?

The Toughguard has more pleats than the dreaded one, but is looks like they collapsed enough on some of them so as to diminish their own number.

Looks like it held up fine though.

Does yours spec for either L14459 or PL14459 ??? Ive had great luck with those in my TL.

Your filter seems to hold well for the oci. Have you tried the filtech version ?? They can be purchased here :

http://www.handa-accessories.com/rl.html

If you scroll down, there is a 6 pack for sale which will work for both your Civic and RL.

Here is a pic of it cut open :

a01open.jpg

It did have an orange ADBV. There are more pictures of the one off of the Civic in the prior thread.

Civic Filter

The Civic now has a Honda A01 on it and I have 5 more from the 6 pack at H&A. The Acura has a D+ on it right now and I'm trying to decide to use a PSL14610 next or cut it open now.

This OCI was shorter mile wise but longer time wise than is typical for me. It did a lot of short trips and a lot of just sitting. Be interesting to see how the oil held up.

I do think the Acura specs either Honda filter, I'd have to go look again.

Sweet ! your already ahead of me. Id save the PSL and cut it open after use. We wanna see how well it holds up. Also if you get a chance, see if you can give PSL14459 a go as well. Thats probably going to be my next filter after I use my P1s.

Quote:
I heard those were Toughguards and it sure looks like one.....

While the construction looks very similar (both have silicone adbv) and they are made by the same company, Rank, their efficiencies are quite different. The Tough Guard is rated 99%>20um, otoh the A-02 tested ~67%@20um in Amsoil ISO 4582-12 testing. The A-01 also has no published spec but it's safe to assume based Honda OF specs, it's design and river_rat's testing of no end cap filters that it's similar in efficiency to the A-02. While visiting the Fram test labs last fall the A-02 low efficiency rating was pretty much confirmed.

Looks like it held up fine, but I'd not go out of my way to purchase either the A-01 or A-02, just me. And the A-01 and A-02 both meet Honda/Acura spec, but based on my experience the A-02 is the most common one sold at b&m Honda dealerships.

Thanks for the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back