Pennzoil Site Oil Selector is Back Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
...And running, as it wasn't for a while. The Pennzoil site can be lacking and is missing some stuff overall. But this is the best, most detailed motor oil site 'selector' offering alternate grades, different lubricant recommendations such as ATF and OEM OCI recommendations. You can also get updated product data sheets (SN-rated) on each oil selection...

Nice, SOPUS!

The site is back up but, the product data sheets for PP are missing. They just can't seem to get it together since SOPUS took the raynes. Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
The site is back up but, the product data sheets for PP are missing. They just can't seem to get it together since SOPUS took the raynes. Ed

I got PP data sheets via recommendations for my car...

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

I got PP data sheets via recommendations for my car...

Me too, but I think it's outdated.

Just tried it for the first time. What a waste. All it does is recommend Penn Ultra (surprise, surprise, of course that's what they'd prefer to sell me). Doesn't ask me anything about how I use my car. Also the Oil Change Intervals link is dead.

Recommendation
Premium Performance Pennzoil Ultra 5W-20
Recommended Pennzoil Platinum SAE 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor
Meets Requirements Pennzoil SAE 5W-20 Motor Oil

I think you need to do more reading.

PP is up and up to date. PU not right now.

I gave up on their lousy site a year ago. It’s also why I don’t purchase their products. A multi-billion dollar conglomerate shouldn’t have that much trouble getting their online act together. If it is offered it should work. End of story.

Originally Posted By: apwillard1986
I gave up on their lousy site a year ago. It’s also why I don’t purchase their products. A multi-billion dollar conglomerate shouldn’t have that much trouble getting their online act together. If it is offered it should work. End of story.

Hardly the majority of car owners do not even know how to check their oil level. Let alone have the desire to check a motor oil website. The members on this site are the minority.

That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t work. By that logic cars should not have dipsticks… In deference to SOPUS I am relieved to discover that they at least had the presence of mind to remove the product data links that all lead to a “coming soon” page. Shell has a global PDS site that is kind of a bugger to navigate but it is almost always available. I never figured out why they couldn’t just drive the link for the Pennzoil PDSs to their PDSs on that site. At least it would save the customers some time and supply the data for those customers in the minority.

Originally Posted By: apwillard1986
That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t work. By that logic cars should not have dipsticks… In deference to SOPUS I am relieved to discover that they at least had the presence of mind to remove the product data links that all lead to a “coming soon” page. Shell has a global PDS site that is kind of a bugger to navigate but it is almost always available. I never figured out why they couldn’t just drive the link for the Pennzoil PDSs to their PDSs on that site. At least it would save the customers some time and supply the data for those customers in the minority.

"Coming soon" I have never seen anything like that. Until recently all of SOPUS websites had a disclaimer "website site undergoing routine maintenance" and the lubematch was down. The only way I could read a TDS from Shell was that I have their website bookmarked.

On the same token when there is a topic on Mobil-1 or XOM product you do not see me bashing their product even though I call their tech line, email them, for even simple questions XOM has never and I mean never answered a single question of mine. When I have called it is like for some reason I am a major inconvenience to them. I have not had this problem with Shell, Chevron, BP Castrol, or Ashland(Valvoline).

So I am willing to forgive a website problem that is maybe contracted out to a third party, as long as I can email or call a companies tech line with a fast accurate response. Ask Shell what is the primary base stock of Pennzoil Ultra. Shell will tell you group III. Ask XOM what is the primary base stock of Mobil One you will get a generic Mobil-1 uses 15 different base stocks. Does either statement really mean a whole lot in the terms of the performance of a motor oil. No, but it is nice if I am potentially going to buy your product you answer some of my elementary questions.

That is my point exactly. I am an information driven consumer. If you cannot provide information I don’t consume. I am not saying the product is bad because they don’t know how to maintain a website. I am thrilled they seem to be working it out. It is ironic that you mention your frustration with help lines. I called a few months ago to inquire about the status of the Pennzoil website and was told basically that it wasn’t really important. Maybe it isn’t as they still sell a fine product to a whole heck of a lot of people. It was important to me however… Anyways this thread indicates they are listening now so that is a positive.

I don’t know. You are the one that brought up your unsatisfactory experience with XOM "tech lines" in response to my post. If your question is in regard to my last post, I called the Pennzoil customer service number because I figured since it is their website they would be the best folks to ask about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back