Is Auto RX really working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished my first treatment with RX. and after 1000 miles I've changed filter & oil. I'm using the Toyota OEM filter and Mobil Drive Clean 10W30. The truck has the 22RE 4cyl. engine with 126,000 miles. It was using some oil so decided to give this stuff a try. I noticed at first application it quieted the pinging up front immediatly and used no oil until around 750 miles into the treatment. And it was only a small amount. After draining the oil and changing to a new filter The oil was very black but I saw now clumps or anything like that. The Inside of the filter looked about the same. Didn't really see anything alarming. Now after the change to straight dino, (for the next 2000 miles), the pinging is back. And maybe even a little louder. Should I have run it longer with the RX? Will I see anything different after the 2nd bottle is added? I was told to add it at the 2000 mile mark and run it another 1000 miles. Please tell me this is doing what It's suppose to. Should I run a heavier oil to quiet the pinging like a 20W50? How can I tell if the valves need adjusting? Please respond! Thanks!

Your oil is black and I guarantee your filter is also the pinging your hearing is in your valve train it was so dirty it is probably the first time it has got oil on clean metal and is lubricating as it's suppose to do. You did the application with Auto-Rx correct for removing sludge continue and finish your application.
Rando you can dial www.auto-rx.com and scroll down home page and click on applications and they are easy to follow you have no need for concern.
By the way there would not be "Clumps" that's what you get when you use solvents, remember Auto-Rx liquify's all the "Crud" if needed e-mail me at [email protected]

Thats good news. Thanks for the quick response. I also forgot to mention the oil pressure is lower than it was. Any reason to be alarmed here? And do think the valves might need adjusted after this is completed? Thanks!

Rando it is not unusual for oil pressure to change during an Auto-Rx cleansing (your removing crud that has previously partially blocked oil from lubricating ) I would just finish the entire application go back to the oil of your choice and see if you have any noise at all.

Any suggestions on what oil? I'm currently using Mobil Drive Clean 10W30. I don't know if i mentioned it or not but It's a 95 Toyota 4cyl. 22RE engine. Would synthetics be of any benefit here other than extending oil change intervals? Engine has 126,000 miles.

I would recommend a second application of Auto-rx, if the oil was that black at change out. Run it longer in this second application. Also check the ingition timing, may explain the ping. Or try running a tankful of 92 octane. I would stay with the recommended oil weight and indexing. I would stick with dyno while you are in the cleaning mode. It will be cheaper and cleaning is likely to be more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back