Castrol Transmax Import Vehicle ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used it with good results? I got a bunch of quarts from AAP for about $4 ea. I'd be using it for some drain and fills on a 2006 Ford Fusion V6. It has the Aisin 6-speed auto and about 92k miles.

Castrol says it's good to go for that transmission, although they don't mention the exact Ford spec. They do cite the Toyota T-IV spec, which I believe is the same. T-IV is even stamped on the dipstick. Ha. The Motorcraft ATF Is rather expensive at my local stealership and the Mobil 3309 isn't available locally and is pricy to order and ship.

Haven't tried it yet, but T-IV is relatively cheap at my Toyota Dealer and, clearly, meets the T-IV spec...

I'm curious about this fluid too. I've heard a lot of good reviews about it. I'm in need of a ATF change as well...

Yeah, my local Toyota dealer is the worst, and the other two are about 75 miles away. I was just curious if anyone has had success with the Castrol Import in an Aisin transmission.

People have had great results with MaxLife in that trans, and it is $15.99 a gallon ($4/qt) at AZ. I plan on running it in my next drain and fill as I HATE the 1-2 shift in our AW-F21 trans with the Toyota T-IV fluid in it.

An update for anyone interested: I did the first drain and fill. It took about 3.25 quards and is performing well with no noticible difference in shifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back