RedLine D4 VS HPL Blue

1) Redline D4 ATF is $260/16qts delivered.
2) HPL Blue ATF is $225/16qts delivered, after "BITOG15" discount. Normal price is also $260/16qts delivered.
- Both seem to meet similar specs.
- Application is Aisin A650E, specifies T-IV fluid. (Would a TES-295 be a better spec to go by?)
- Which one between these two options would you go with? Why? Have you used either in the past or are you using it now? Any feedback on the performance of either ATF?
(Let's keep Valvoline MaxLife ATF out of this. I know that it's under $135/16qts. Also not interested in Castrol Transmax with its "ATF/CVT Universal" rating, despite it being $103/16qts.)

Last edited:
See post #8 here:

I’ve got HPL Blue in the Volvo XC - an Aisin transmission calling for T-IV. Only been in there for 3,000 or so miles, but it shifts smooth, and it is a 300,000 mile original transmission.

I’ve got HPL green in the Tundra - an Aisin transmission calling for Toyota WS. Also, a relatively short time, about 1,000 miles, and it, too, shifts smooth. A 76,000 mile transmission.

So, if you’re looking for an endorsement - yep, I recommend them. I don’t have enough run time to report on longevity and shift quality, but they’re both very shear stable and I am happy with their performance to date.

Of your choices, go with the HPL Blue. Support a small business that makes quality products.

Back