Green grease!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone use it? My friend just turned me on to it...I just replaced all the Ball joints on my wifes 2000 olds bravada and geased them up with the green grease and did the tie rods, pitman arm and ujoints as well. I guess this is suppose to be the cats [censored] when it comes to grease so I thought I would give it a try.

The have it at most autoparts chains...this is what it is http://www.greengrease.net/

Last edited:
MB wheel bearing grease is green, has been for years. No idea if it is the same stuff...

It's synthetic, has hi-temp and EP capabilities, so it sounds like a good automotive grease. Curiously, they don't mention the grade (NLGI 2?), nor the base soap used, only that it's compatible with lithium-based grease. If it's marine grade, it's likely calcium-based.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
It's synthetic, has hi-temp and EP capabilities, so it sounds like a good automotive grease. Curiously, they don't mention the grade (NLGI 2?), nor the base soap used, only that it's compatible with lithium-based grease. If it's marine grade, it's likely calcium-based.

Yeah I dont know...will update in 2 or 3 years though with how parts are wearing because s10 series trucks eat ball joints!!!

"It's, uh,... it's green!"

-- Scotty, while drinking an alien under the table in "By Any Other Name", stardate 4657.5

I have been using it in my front wheel bearings, tie rods and ball joints for a year now no problems. I have to change my u-joints soon I will use it in them as well so far everything is very smooth and I have not had to re-grease yet it seems to be hanging on pretty good.

Some funny readings on that tech data sheet.

Scar test is 0? Thats not even possible.
4 ball tests are pass and 800+kg... um yeah, thats what the 4 ball test is, 800 kg of pressure... Who did these tests??? It looks like they gave a 5th grader an instruction sheet and let him do the tests and gave what he thought would be a good reading.

Water wash out... Pass??? What the [censored] does that even mean... give me a %... "pass" means nothing!

This is a typical imported relabeler grease company.

Buy an American made grease next time.

I've got some. So far I've only used it to coat suspension bushings (it's STICKY!) and to regrease the gearboxes on my cheapo power tools, but I'll soon be putting it in the wheel bearings of the 4x8' folding trailer I just bought from Harbor Freight. A low-stress environment to be sure, but it's the closest I've got to a 'real' application.

Originally Posted By: APStore
This is a typical imported relabeler grease company.

Buy an American made grease next time.

(missed the edit timer on my last post)

I emailed the company to doublecheck - Green Grease in made in the USA.

I've used the Green Grease when renewing the front rotors and wheel bearings on my old VW Vanagon. Drove the VW for a year and the van was totaled. Bought a replacement VW and swapped out the front end.

I was impressed, the front rotors/bearings were perfect after 12000 miles. No play in the bearings and very clean.

The VW Vanagon serves as a lubricant laboratory for this sort of thing. CV grease, wheel bearing grease, AFT and engine oil. I have to do my own service so we experiment.

The Green Grease looks like a good product. Expensive with a multi level marketing slick promotion. I would not use it in CV joints. I would use it in wheel bearings, tie rods and grease points.

Very sticky stuff.

Originally Posted By: APStore
Did they say what company it is? Cause there arent many American grease manufacturers.

I believe it's made by Omni Lubricants.

Very sticky and makes a mess quick. They call it synthetic but the MSDS I've seen shows "residual oil" which is NOT synthetic. I guess all the tackifier they pack into it is what they consider "synthetic".

I bought some just to check it out but the only use I really found was for power tools.

You can probably get CAT gold for about the same price which is mostly PAO and high moly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back