Recommend grease for Moog tierod/stabilizer links

Hey guys, so my 05 CRV has Moog 1 outer tie rod and rear stabilizer links. I haven't greased them since I installed them 2 years ago.

Seems like mystik jt6 "red" is popular. Don't have it locally. Amazon Canada has it for $22cdn. The mystik jt6 "green" is available locally https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...bPIfQPybwdgK2LIglcxoC_goQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also are those grease nipples easy to replace incase the salt caused them to seize?

I normally use a moly grease on those parts but the red or green Mystik grease will be fine as long as you grease the joints at least yearly. The nipples on the Moog parts are easy to replace, but I don't think it will be necessary to do so after only a year or two.

Green will be fine. I have had to put the zerks on Moog products before as they came uninstalled, so it depends on how crazy you get torqueing them down as to if they will come off. I really doubt you would ever need to remove them.

I normally use a moly grease on those parts but the red or green Mystik grease will be fine as long as you grease the joints at least yearly. The nipples on the Moog parts are easy to replace, but I don't think it will be necessary to do so after only a year or two.

So if I used moly grease, would this mean I can go longer without greasing them?

Green will be fine. I have had to put the zerks on Moog products before as they came uninstalled, so it depends on how crazy you get torqueing them down as to if they will come off. I really doubt you would ever need to remove them.
Alright I didn't torque them down too much. If they do get seized it probably means I'm not greasing often lol.

Don't wipe off the excess grease after lubricating them. That will add a little bit of a protective layer against salt. All of our fittings outside(100s of them) get left with some residue on them. They'll collect some gunk between intervals but it wipes off easily to reveal a clean, serviceable fitting.

Don't wipe off the excess grease after lubricating them. That will add a little bit of a protective layer against salt. All of our fittings outside(100s of them) get left with some residue on them. They'll collect some gunk between intervals but it wipes off easily to reveal a clean, serviceable fitting.

Thank you! That is a good tip!

Back