Way Less Oil in Alaska than estimated.....Oh no!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True - if they had anything on the ball they would be working for the oil companies instead of Loser Central in DC !

Originally Posted By: lewdwig
Oil reserve estimates tend to be more political than geological.

+1. The lack of understanding of how some of this stuff really works is as scary as anything else.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I don't put much stck in this - estimating oil reserves is as much guesswork as science, and I think there is still a lot of oil up there, it just has to be found. there is still a lot of area to explore up there.

Yes, the big companies my let this scare them away, but there are lots of smaller players, using very innovative technology, that would be happy to keep exttracting oil up there for decades - it's already hapening on land in Alberta.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Just in time for the price increases!!!.

Polar bears just sneeze in the wrong direction, there goes another price hike.

Look out for stiffer CAFE, Cap and tax and other agenda driven legislation.Pure political hog wash IMO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'm not an expert by any means, but I don't put much stck in this - estimating oil reserves is as much guesswork as science, and I think there is still a lot of oil up there, it just has to be found. there is still a lot of area to explore up there.

Yes, the big companies my let this scare them away, but there are lots of smaller players, using very innovative technology, that would be happy to keep exttracting oil up there for decades - it's already hapening on land in Alberta.

There goes 6 years of advanced math work wasted. If I knew that I could just pull the numbers out of my [censored], I wouldn't waste the time or money or brain cells.

"recoverable oil reserves" are numbers highly dependent on oil prices. The higher the price of crude oil, the higher the estimates of recoverable reserves.

So the question is, what price did the USGS use when they revised their estimate?

ONE WORD

Sara Palin

she has messed up Alaska oil exports for a long tine

she is a dingbat

GOD HELP US IF SHE RUNS FOR PRESIDENT

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: badnews
ONE WORD

Sara Palin

she has messed up Alaska oil exports for a long tine

she is a dingbat

GOD HELP US IF SHE RUNS FOR PRESIDENT

Begging your pardon, but Dennis Kucinich is from your state of Ohio. So you have no room to criticize anyone else who has run or may run for president, nor any room to criticize any other state.
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back