teflon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This posting was hijacked by the Synlube fans.

Getting back to the orginial point of this posting, I personally do not think that PTFE should be used in an automotive engine. And I say this admitting that I did give Tufoil a try a long time ago in the past. I think the anti-friction needs of a motor oil are well covered now that anti-friction additives put into modern day motor oils.

I keep an open mind about this new nano form of PTFE and I would like to try SYNLUBE if I owned a second car to test the synlube.Can synlube be mixed with the store brand dino I use now?

At $32/qt I'll pass on Synlube, the company is too shady for me, has no address and if there was a problem I'd be SOL for sure.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
At $32/qt I'll pass on Synlube, the company is too shady for me, has no address and if there was a problem I'd be SOL for sure.

+1

Originally Posted By: MrMeeks
I keep an open mind about this new nano form of PTFE and I would like to try SYNLUBE if I owned a second car to test the synlube.Can synlube be mixed with the store brand dino I use now?

You would be well served to read the synlube threads both here and at noria. (Especially there, as you see that those who didn't accept the claims are attacked earky and often.)

All I will say right now is that it claims to operate out of Mercury, NV. Which is not possible according to the DOE.

The Synlube guys kept moving the supposed location of the Synlube facilities. When people found out that the supposed Synlube facilties were not in Las Vegas Nevada suddenly they were supposed to be in this Mercury, Nevada. A location controlled by the government and not accessible to ordinary people. Just more proof that Synlube is a scam.

I have not used synlube,but I think there is good science behind it.For now I will keep an open mind about PTFE ,Moly and other 'solids' being used as oil additives.

In many quality motor oils there is moly already in the oil. And the moly is in a chemical formulation that can actually be effective in the engine. So it would be a waste of money adding more moly in some sort of supplement.

I admit using Tufoil (which contained PTFE AND moly) in the past. But I will never use a PTFE containing product again. I just do not believe that PTFE belongs in an engine. Now in some sort of gun oil or in grease PTFE may be a good thing.

I would not use Synlube if it was offered to me free of charge and delivered by a UFO from Mercury, Nevada or Area 51. Or the opposite side of the Moon for that matter.

To quote one SargeGTO on this synlube.

"Here are my thoughts....take em or leave em....
You betcha...the very idea of a better lube for our cars is something we all want, desire. The problem is there have been so many snake oils that credibility becomes an issue almost immediately. Then you throw in all the marketing hype posted here void of any real analytical data and you get skeptics. Of course a manufacturer is going to tell us their product is great. The web site looks like my grandson did it. No I take that back....he could do a better job.
Bottom line is this for me. They have been pimping SynLube in the United States since 1969.....and this how far they have gotten with it after almost 40 years? If it was even a fraction of what it is hyped to be any rational thinking person ( educated or uneducated) would conclude after 40 years and a company or technology is still in the "start up" mode....something is wrong.....with either the product or the folks running the business."

The "science" behind it goes against the known, established science of current oil formulation. It is discouraged by its defenders to ask anything about it. They have even said that you have no right to question it.

Anyone who wants to spend $32/qt on it, well, go ahead. But I can go to Walmart and by 4 qts of proven oil for that price.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
In many quality motor oils there is moly already in the oil. And the moly is in a chemical formulation that can actually be effective in the engine. So it would be a waste of money adding more moly in some sort of supplement.

I admit using Tufoil (which contained PTFE AND moly) in the past. But I will never use a PTFE containing product again. I just do not believe that PTFE belongs in an engine. Now in some sort of gun oil or in grease PTFE may be a good thing.
I would not use Synlube if it was offered to me free of charge and delivered by a UFO from Mercury, Nevada or Area 51. Or the opposite side of the Moon for that matter.

Ya sure do hate them oil additives mystic! Lol. Especially that synlube!

Actually I have used a few oil supplements in my time. If somebody really did come up with some miracle oil supplement that could make my car engine run much better and use a lot less gasoline I would buy it. But I have been disappointed too many times by false claims. I want to see proof that something works.

And yes, I will never use Synlube. Synlube was discussed here in great detail. Some people came here and were pushing it bigtime. So some people here did a little research and discovered they could not even locate this Synlube facility where it was supposed to be in Las Vegas, Nevada. They presented that information here. So all of the sudden Synlube was located not in Las Vegas but in some place called Mercury, Nevada. Which is a former town located on a high security military facility. No ordinary civilian can go there. What does that tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back