Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Congratulations. I had a focus rental for about 4 months and 15k miles, and was happy with it. It had more usable space than I would have expected.

Just a bit of food for thought - if you have to finance the car through your parents, you cannot afford the car. Might want to give up some of the creature comforts to have a car that is more cost effective. Youll pay double for those little things like a leather wheel, unnecessary spoiler, etc., which will never pay you back in an economy car.

It is an awesome color and I wish you luck!

It could be credit or interest rate too. Making the payments means he can afford it, just might not have the means to "get" the car. Happened with my wife when we first met and she bought her Grand AM. It's under her father's name but she pays for it easily. Once it paid I'll transfer ownership over.

You should have them leave the saran wrap on your front rims.

I would need some time getting used to that speedo.

"Low" is all you get below "Drive"? Engine braking automatics are a federal safety requirement, and we see the same thing on priusssses. I guess it just downshifts as much as it reasonably can.

Originally Posted By: vtb
Gotta love the giant purple arrow pointing at the vent.

How many miles are on the odo?

I recently bought a new Grand Caravan. The dealer had to locate one, and when they got it back to the dealership, he called to tell me it had 3300 miles on it. Ummm, no thanks. Keep lookin' bud.

We wound up with a van with 145 miles.

It had 4.7 miles on the odo before the test drive, and something like 8 after.

Originally Posted By: Anies
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Congratulations. I had a focus rental for about 4 months and 15k miles, and was happy with it. It had more usable space than I would have expected.

Just a bit of food for thought - if you have to finance the car through your parents, you cannot afford the car. Might want to give up some of the creature comforts to have a car that is more cost effective. Youll pay double for those little things like a leather wheel, unnecessary spoiler, etc., which will never pay you back in an economy car.

It is an awesome color and I wish you luck!

It could be credit or interest rate too. Making the payments means he can afford it, just might not have the means to "get" the car. Happened with my wife when we first met and she bought her Grand AM. It's under her father's name but she pays for it easily. Once it paid I'll transfer ownership over.

Exactly. I don't have ANY credit, and if we title it under my name the garunteed renewable on the insurance drops off.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
is it just me or is the paintwork on the bumpers and panels poorly matched? I seem to observe this in a lot of cars lately.

Really? I don't see this at all but maybe I'm just not observant enough....
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I see sticker price. What did you get them down to?

After the X-plan (Aunt works for FoMoCo) and rebates, I think it was down to about $16-9.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
You should have them leave the saran wrap on your front rims.

I would need some time getting used to that speedo.

"Low" is all you get below "Drive"? Engine braking automatics are a federal safety requirement, and we see the same thing on priusssses. I guess it just downshifts as much as it reasonably can.

Yeah the way it works is it stays in the gear it is in as long as it possibly can, and downshifts as soon as it can without blowing the engine. And I Agree, the speedo will tak e a little getting used to.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
is it just me or is the paintwork on the bumpers and panels poorly matched? I seem to observe this in a lot of cars lately.

Originally Posted By: Nick R

Photo0031.jpg

Photo0020.jpg

Photo0028.jpg

Nice nice car but I agree that the color match is OFF on the bumpers. And it will only get worst with age.

These photos above show the shade difference. (esp the 2nd on with the rear bumper
shocked2.gif
) PLEASE check in all sorts of light and make sure of it. You are buying a new vehicle and it MUST be perfect. If I can see it in a web snapshot then it has to be obvious.

Do all the colors have this mismatch? The Silver one in the back ground? Can you get one without all the stuff with normal steel rims since the Alloys are prone for more (easier) damage? How much would that one cost?

$16,900 before all the fees? They are not giving them away...

Nice rig but go slow. Don't fall in love with it and ignore any flaws. CHECK THE COLOR MATCH closely.

Bill

I see the colour mismatch on my own car - and its metallic grey. I think the lustre is different painted on plastic and metal. my cousin's husband was a metallurgist with BMW - wish I could run this past him. he worked some in the paint engineering in Germany and South Africa (where they build 3 series - RHD).

edit: I by no means want to get you down on the excitement it's just something I noticed.

The speedo would be difficult for me to read though.

Last edited:
I normally buy solid color vehicles (white normally) but on the Subaru its a metallic tan/brown and when it was in the accident after being only 8 months old they had to re paint the rear bumper because its match was off like the photos above.

They called me over to see what I thought and in day light it was there, at night under some lights it was BAD. After the repaint its perfect under any light and still looks perfect after 3 years.

It can be done, just requires some skill. Looks like Ford is painting the bumpers off the car and putting them on after the rest?
21.gif

Wonder if the solid colors have this concern?

Bill

I see what your talking about, in the picture from the side But I don't think it's the car. I used my cell phone camera, and this cell phone has a REALLY bad camera. It's also the lighting I think, because it certainly doesn't look like that in person.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
I see what your talking about, in the picture from the side But I don't think it's the car. I used my cell phone camera, and this cell phone has a REALLY bad camera. It's also the lighting I think, because it certainly doesn't look like that in person.

Just PLEASE look it over CAREFULLY. Nothing ticks me off more than finding something AFTER you sign the papers wrong and the stealership saying "too bad, sucks to be you"... (which they will do in a second)

Do NOT fall in love with it. They make many. I try to go as simple as possible since the more stuff, the more to go wrong.

Take care and go SLOWLY...
11.gif

Bill

Very nice Nick... More pictures indeed
20.gif

The car is very nice...

You need to take a drive up to Canada and have the car rust proofed with Krown to keep it in good condition. (Won't void the warranty)

A car that will truly use the 20wt oil you wanted!
48.gif

Same color as my Focus. I'm sure the color issue is from the camera or lighting. The quality of my Focus's paint job is really well done. You're gonna love the fancy electronic features....really nice. Being that you've got the top of the line Focus, the price is reflective of that. The MPG's (once fully broken in at around 1k to 3k) this car will easily get over 40 on a highway trip.

Last edited:
My exact twin. Congrats! I really like mine after 2 months. The power is weak with the A/C + family. MPG has been great. I'm currently averaging 29.4 driving the kids to school, and me to work.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
My exact twin. Congrats! I really like mine after 2 months. The power is weak with the A/C + family. MPG has been great. I'm currently averaging 29.4 driving the kids to school, and me to work.

Weak? Really? I just took mine cross country and back (6k miles) with it fully loaded. Had the a/c on nearly all the way as well and I didn't think power was an issue at all. It is an economy car with a 4 cylinder....so I never expected it to have gobs of power...but it was more powerful and capable than I thought it would be. And as far as your mpg's? Not tryin to be critical here but I'm surprised you are only getting 29 around town. Do you drive a bit aggressively? I get about 33 around town and 43 on the highway. I am however a soft-touch with the gas peddle and never drive real fast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back