Bosch and Full Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I took some pics of what the UPS man left me the other day. I was under the impression that Bosch filters are usually Purolator Pure Ones. These seem to either be older ones or a different line as they dont have silicone anti drainbacks in them. Next to it is a FULL brand equivalent to a Delco PF47. The Bosch's are for a 2.4 Scion Tc. I got the Bosch filters for about 3.50 a piece and the FULL was about 3 bucks. Even if the Bosch is like a Purolator Classic, its a good enough buy since it was free shipping.

What I find somewhat funny is that the FULL base plate reminds me of a German Bosch I saw once. I like the celophane covering on it and the can is much thicker than the Boscholator.

stuff030-2.jpg

stuff032-2.jpg

stuff033-2.jpg

stuff035-2.jpg

stuff039-2.jpg

Yep, the Bosch is what I'm running right now in the Mustang because the local Autozone was out of Motorcraft. Except I paid about $3 more than you did.
frown.gif

Last edited:
that full is nicer than the ones we have bought in the past. The cellophane and greased gasket reminds me of what nippon and denso do for their filters.

That Full filter looks just like the case of Beck-Arnley filters I bought for the Daewoo. Same base plate and plastic covering. The ones I got were made in Korea though.

Originally Posted By: Gunatics_Adler
So is that Bosch a Pure One or a Classic? Im guessing classic, but I have read that they are usually a pure one clone.

I think the Bosch 72167 may be Purolator Classic, although typically the Bosch oil filters are PureOne equivalents. Purolator says their equivalent to this filter is the L14477. The Bosch 72167 and Purolator L14477 look idental to me from the outside. Purolator doesn't even list a PureOne equivalent for this filter, only a Classic. There's no definite way to tell if they're identical unless you cut both open; however, did anyone else notice that his picture of the Bosch oil filter has labeling that just says "Premium Oil Filter" instead of "Premium Oil Filter / Filtech Filtration System"? That's why I think it may just be a Purolator Classic.

Here's a picture of a used Bosch 3323 and it's equivalent the PureOne PL14610:

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

what filter does the scion normally run? if its a 4967 or a 3614 you can probably use an FL-400s. I use the motorcraft instead of the 4967 on a tercel or corolla and instead of a 3614 on a tundra. No problems to note.

Boschs' website says it calls for the 3325 or the 72167 like I bought.

Before I was using the Wix line. I was using the Camry application since it was larger than the Scion tC spec filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back