MMO is truely a Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all see that the point being made is that just because you've been doing something and see no apparent negative effects from it ..it's no reason to do it. He could have used playing in traffic as another example.

We see it quite often in terms of oils "I used it from 99-04 without apparent problems". That's fine for using one road over another ..one technique over another ..etc..etc. that you HAVE to do anyway, but for an elective procedure one needs to show benefits in order for it to make sense.

This surely isn't any indictment on MMO. Nope. But if you reworded it to say "I throw and extra $0.75 in my tank just for peace of mind" and only "believe" that there's a benefit to it, how would it sound to others that didn't have "faith"??

I also think that statements like " i used MMO (or any other product, for that matter) from day 1 and all my cars have been running great and have xxxxxxx miles on them" are silly, BECAUSE it's very possible that those cars would have run just fine withOUT that product also;
you have no comparison betw. with/without product xyz, as you always used the stuff.

People who exercise, watch their weight and not smoke and don't have a heart attack, will they ever know if it was the exercise, weight watching, and not smoking that helped? I'd like to think so, and anyone with an medical knowledge will tell you it helped. I think the same goes for someone with mechanical knowledge. Keeping a clean, good running engine, makes it last longer. Products that help do that are a benefit. We can argue this till we're blue in the face, there are two sides to all these discussions, one of the reasons this is such a great site. JMO

I had a heart attack and I exercised etc etc.
lol.gif
There's always the exception. But I'll still use MMO. Although I don't think the Escape likes 1/2 quart in sump and a few ounces in gas tank. Hard to explain but it just doesn't run as well when running in both areas. The Festiva loves it though.. probably adds 2hp.. with 63hp it's a regular rocket now
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
I also think that statements like " i used MMO (or any other product, for that matter) from day 1 and all my cars have been running great and have xxxxxxx miles on them" are silly, BECAUSE it's very possible that those cars would have run just fine withOUT that product also;
you have no comparison betw. with/without product xyz, as you always used the stuff.

I remember when I was under the impression that by using a top of the line synthetic oil with reasonable oil changes would keep an engine clean.

My Mom has a 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo that now has 108,000 miles and since 3000 miles it has had a steady diet of Mobil 1

When I look into the valvetrain it is spotless, this past summer I added 12 ounces of MMO 1000 miles before the OCI. When I changed the oil it came out very dark. I then added 4 quarts of Mobil 1 and 16 ounces of MMO and the car was just flat out more responsive. Maybe MMO cleaned some areas of the engine that were not visible to me.

Cleaning ring packs can increase compression, which in turn can improve idle and increase power.

stabil stabilizer will do the same,,my engine was running rough and mmo did not stop the rough idle, but 5 oz of stabil did the trick. Read the fine print for stabil,,add to gas only.................gas only...

Last edited:
I've used Stabil for years as a gas stabilizer and still do. It gets added to my Power Washer, Snow Blower, and Mower at the end of the their season along with a shot of MMO. So far so good.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I've used Stabil for years as a gas stabilizer and still do. It gets added to my Power Washer, Snow Blower, and Mower at the end of the their season along with a shot of MMO. So far so good.

1.I thought MMO would stabilize gas (their website forum), why add stabil as well?

2. Why not treat all gas with MMO before fueling up small engines? As opposed to adding it to each gas tank...

Last edited:
MMO is a stabilizer but not as good as Stabil, I use MMO for a UCL not a stabilizer.

I have two gas tanks, one for TC engines and one for 4 cycle. I do add MMO to the tanks before filling them. I like to add a little extra MMO especially toward the end of the season, that I add directly to the tank on the engine.

Thanks DP,

I go through a 15 gallon storage tank fairly quickly maintaining my land and running all my toys, but I like to add
a stabilizer/solvent everytime I fill the 15 gallon storage tank. I used Seafoam for years, but it went from 3$ a pint to 9$, I switched to MMO. The longest gas is in this tank is 3 months of winter. I would hope the MMO anti oxidants would work that long.

Anybody had gas go bad with MMO? Sorry for the hijack, the thread just sorta came this way.

3 months is fine, and I'm sure MMO will work as a Stabilizer for that short a time period. I use Stabil because there are times my Power washer will sit for 9 months or even longer. I store it off my property in my BIL's garage. Before I store it, I run it a good half hour, with a healthy dose of MMO, and Stabil, fog it, change the oil, and make sure I run anti-freeze through the pump. Anyway a little off topic, but 9 months is a long time, and I think Stabil is better suited for my situation. I think you'll be just fine for your situation. JMO

3 months is fine, and I'm sure MMO will work as a Stabilizer for that short a time period. I use Stabil because there are times my Power washer will sit for 9 months or even longer. I store it off my property in my BIL's garage. Before I store it, I run it a good half hour, with a healthy dose of MMO, and Stabil, fog it, change the oil, and make sure I run anti-freeze through the pump. Anyway a little off topic, but 9 months is a long time, and I think Stabil is better suited for my situation. I think you'll be just fine for your situation. JMO

I've always used Stabil for my 2-cycle fuel since some of my gas tools (leaf blower/lawnmower/chainsaw/etc) can go 6-9 months or longer without any usage. Never really tried MMO for fuel stabilization.

Originally Posted By: Familyguy

I've always used Stabil for my 2-cycle fuel since some of my gas tools (leaf blower/lawnmower/chainsaw/etc) can go 6-9 months or longer without any usage. Never really tried MMO for fuel stabilization.

I should be on meds for OCD. if more than 30 days, I drain all my equipment to keep the alcohol blended gas out of the fuel lines and carb diaphrams. Fog engines, the whole 9 yards. Does it matter
21.gif
I spend time in the barn with football and beer while I do it, so maybe it is worth it.

My main worry was I keep my storage tank filled over winter in case I need to run generators or to top off ATV's. I am done fretting if you can go 9 months in the gas tank, stabil or not. Maybe a little marketing induced worry, but alot of hype about blended gas seperating and degrading. So I have always thought to use something.

Last edited:
I bought a car that sat 7 years. I threw a couple of bottles of iso alcohol in it ...
21.gif
Smaller engines appear to be more prone to troubles with fuel quality but even with my total negligence (mostly pre-BITOG) I've used up to 3 year old gas that was totally untreated ..unfiltered ..visible debris in the (too big for my annual needs) 5 gallon fuel container ...AND lived to tell about it.

That said, I'm one of the unicorns that you run into from time to time. The universe just happened to hand out a few too many GET OUT OF CONSEQUENCES = FREE cards to my deck on this matter.

..but now I have a single container that fits my needs ..drain my tank(s) after last practical anticipated use...etc..etc.

Hobby grade vs. professional/serious usage
21.gif

Been reading much on here about the MMO, so I finally got some and poured something like 4oz today on 1/4 tank... then drove to the gas station topped it off and then added the other 2 oz...

Within about 10mi of driving, I noticed that previous injector tick quiet down to almost nothing... wondering if its in my head or if I am really hearing the results that quick.. car also idled for a good 15min or more before the 10mi trip...

Either way if its true then its working, and I like it.

It's not in your head my friend, some engines react quicker than others. Wait till you try it in the oil, at the last 1000 miles of your OCI and add a pint of it to the oil. Then let report back. Enjoy! Welcome to BITOG.

Originally Posted By: Catera
Been reading much on here about the MMO, so I finally got some and poured something like 4oz today on 1/4 tank... then drove to the gas station topped it off and then added the other 2 oz...

Within about 10mi of driving, I noticed that previous injector tick quiet down to almost nothing... wondering if its in my head or if I am really hearing the results that quick.. car also idled for a good 15min or more before the 10mi trip...

Either way if its true then its working, and I like it.

I'm gonna give it a try for its fuel tank usage, not in the crankcase, to see if it does anything for my notoriously ticky B18 engine. The fuel injectors sound like a diesel truck on this car!
lol.gif
I did run FP60 and FP3000 with no real change in noise, so I'm not expecting much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back