Mobil 1 vs Chevron's Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,

I was wondering since my local Chevy delaership favors using Chevron's brand of oilhow does this oil stack up to Mobil 1?

I guess they use Chevron synthetic oil in place of M1 due to the fact that Chevy has the Corvette and the standard factory fill is suppose to be Mobil 1.

Is Chevron synthetic just as good as M1???????? In my newly bought Chevy Impala SS I want to switch to synthetic as soon as my OLM tells me its ready.

Durango

What kind of driving habits and what kind of engine. What kind of OCI were you looking to do?

Chevron Syn is a darn good oil from what I read here, but I would think M1 is better from my experience with M1 and from what I have read here.

If you are doing short OCI's of 7500 Miles or less then either would be more than fine and I would go with whats cheaper, but if you want to go longer I would go with M1.

Personally, I'd go for the Chevron syn. Chevron makes very, very good oils. They are often hard to come by, so if you have an opportunity to use them, I'd go for it!

Guys/Gals,

Thanks for your opinions/facts! This is what the Chevy dealership uses as a standard for all their cars they sell including the Corvette. I ugess the Vette gets Chevron's brand of "synthetic" and that's what I wanna use in my 08' Impala SS in the future. Since this cars is new I'm still driving the car until it's first OCI using the "oil life monitor". When it's time I'll make the switch over to synthetic also. Both my cars gets synthetic oil. My 01' Durango V-8 has given me good results using mostly Mobil 1 in the past and currently it's now got the "Extended" version.

Take care,

Durango

I use a lot of Chevron Synth. Supposedly a fleet manager here switched his fleet to CS from M1 and got better UOA results for less money.

Hi you all,

Currently I only buy my own oil for my 01' Durango cuz it's out of warranty and the Dodge dealership doesn't care cuz I buy OEM oil filters for the servicing. In that truck I use mostly Mobil 1 and I hink I'll just stay with M1 for now.

The Chevy Impala is a whole different animal all together cuz it's newly bought and still under warranty. If and when I get to the first OCI for that car I intend to try/use the brand they use which is the Chevron brand synthetic. I can't wait for the first oil change to get that dino out.

My main thing is wether Chevron oil/synthetic is a good brand/quality and all you guys has answered my question.

Durango

Chevron is quality stuff - I would be using it more if Costco carried their synthetic and if Wal-Mart didn't undercut the competition. I used to buy cases of Chevron Supreme and Delo all the time.

Originally Posted By: Durango
Hello to all,

I was wondering since my local Chevy delaership favors using Chevron's brand of oilhow does this oil stack up to Mobil 1?

I guess they use Chevron synthetic oil in place of M1 due to the fact that Chevy has the Corvette and the standard factory fill is suppose to be Mobil 1.

Is Chevron synthetic just as good as M1???????? In my newly bought Chevy Impala SS I want to switch to synthetic as soon as my OLM tells me its ready.

Durango

Chevron is probably a fine oil, but rest assured they will use what ever is cheapest for them to buy and still fill the spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back