When to add Techron Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reading this forum, several folks say to wait until you're ready to change oil before using injection cleaner. Techron web page/bottle instructions don't mention this. I am asking because I just changed oil. Of course I will wait if I need to...just wondering how much damage the Techron will do to my new oil (Castrol GTX 5-30W). Thanks.

PS. I have used Seafoam in the past with excellent results. Store was out of Seafoam so I bought Techron based on good reports from this forum. Can I expect as good as or better results from techron as I got with Seafoam?

Unless you're sucking the cleaner directly into the intake you do not need to worry.

Last edited:
Although I think it's a good idea to use concentrated fuel system cleaners in the tank just before an oil change, it probably won't matter much if your engine is efficient with fuel combustion. If it's a chronic fuel dilutor or short trip to work vehicle, I would try to limit Techron or any concentrated formula use to just before the oil change. You don't want this stuff sitting in your sump for an entire OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back