Why buy Amsoil online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any incentive to buy the stuff from an online Amsoil dealer? If I buy it locally, there's no shipping charge. Do local dealers charge over list price?

Maybe your big chains?

Amsoil used to be more expensive at our local big *almost* hardware-chain, Canadian Tire, but not anymore. I still wouldn't buy it at regular price however, and NO ONE stock the Signature Series.

I didn't know Amsoil is sold in stores; it isn't down here to my knowledge. When I said buying it locally, I meant buying it from private dealer. Looking to get some ATF.

Last edited:
The only place I've seen Amsoil sold locally is a farm supply store called Atwoods. Even then, I think it was some variant that wouldn't see use in general cars... tractors or farm equipment maybe.

It's much cheaper (shipping included) to but it mail-order from one of our forum members then to pay retail at a local store.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Is there any incentive to buy the stuff from an online Amsoil dealer? If I buy it locally, there's no shipping charge. Do local dealers charge over list price?

I just found out recently a store stocks amsoil so I'm goin to check it out and see what exactly they carry.
If they carry what I want and need,no more ordering online for me.
My dad was telling me about this store,but cannot recall the name off-hand
21.gif

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
and NO ONE stock the Signature Series.

Bull-loney.

My local Amsoil guy stocks lots of SSO.

Well - first of all how about paying the same price and buying from a forum sponsor and supporting BITOG?

Second of all, if you have anything approaching a case or greater than $80-100, it always makes sense to sign up as a preferred customer through a forum sponsor and pay way less than retail.

Third, retail outlets typically have a limited variety of products in very limited quantities, whereas forum sponsors can get any of the products and in most places in the US, you will have it in 2-4 days.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Well - first of all how about paying the same price and buying from a forum sponsor and supporting BITOG?

Second of all, if you have anything approaching a case or greater than $80-100, it always makes sense to sign up as a preferred customer through a forum sponsor and pay way less than retail.

Third, retail outlets typically have a limited variety of products in very limited quantities, whereas forum sponsors can get any of the products and in most places in the US, you will have it in 2-4 days.

Fourth, if you buy from a dealer who stocks it, many times you're getting something that has sat on his shelf for a while. When you buy online or over the phone through the company, you're getting fresh product every time. Keep in mind that Amsoil is always improving/updating their stuff, like they did with SSO in 07.

I understand what you guys are saying and would like to support a sponsor but an extra $17 for shipping and tax is a steep premium over buying it from my local guy no?

If you buy it from a local guy who sells Amsoil you still get charged the shipping and tax. The only way out of not getting charged for shipping is if you drive to 1 of the warehouses that ships the products out.

Originally Posted By: c3po
If you buy it from a local guy who sells Amsoil you still get charged the shipping and tax. The only way out of not getting charged for shipping is if you drive to 1 of the warehouses that ships the products out.

Why would I get charged shipping, the guy is 5 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back