Need help with part numbers - Toyota

Completed the job, it was a miserable day to do any work on the car. Couple of points I learned: the 2 bolts holding the trans cooler are p/n 91621-60614. Also, 5/16” ID generic hose is just a tad too loose. Wish I had known that before because it would’ve same me some time having to put the old hoses back on. I used the new spring type oe clamps.

Fwiw, there are a couple of threads about this on TN - in both, the posters used regular worm clamps to keep the oversized 5/16” secured in place. No leaks thus far!

Completed the job, it was a miserable day to do any work on the car. Couple of points I learned: the 2 bolts holding the trans cooler are p/n 91621-60614. Also, 5/16” ID generic hose is just a tad too loose. Wish I had known that before because it would’ve same me some time having to put the old hoses back on. I used the new spring type oe clamps.

Fwiw, there are a couple of threads about this on TN - in both, the posters used regular worm clamps to keep the oversized 5/16” secured in place. No leaks thus far!
you know I had the same issue with the lower radiator hose on the tC.. only an aftermarket (spring tension) worm clamp worked well, odd because Toyota says the oe clamp works perfect but it cannot expand enough to get over the hose!! you had the opposite issue but either way TN was using aftermarket clamps too!

thanks for the heads up!

The small diameter hoses used on the Lexus for the ATF cooler and PS returns are metric (most everything is 10mm). I've found that SAE size hoses are either loose or real tight on the hose barbs. I wouldn't doubt if it's the same with Toyota.

McMaster is the only place where I've found suitable metric hose. Kind of weird looking, though.

20211112_202629_resized.jpg

The small diameter hoses used on the Lexus for the ATF cooler and PS returns are metric (most everything is 10mm). I've found that SAE size hoses are either loose or real tight on the hose barbs. I wouldn't doubt if it's the same with Toyota.

McMaster is the only place where I've found suitable metric hose. Kind of weird looking, though.

View attachment 209545

Thanks for the tip. Didn’t even cross my mind to look at McMaster in this scenario.

Back