Redline SI-1 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to use Redline SI-1 in my '96 Saturn, but I still have half a tank of fuel remaining.

The bottle says to add the stuff to a near-empty tank, but I want to add this stuff before I hand the car back to my mom. If I add the bottle to the tank, "rock" the car a few times, then drive to the gas station to fill-up the tank, would the product still be effective?

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I'm going to use Redline SI-1 in my '96 Saturn, but I still have half a tank of fuel remaining.

The bottle says to add the stuff to a near-empty tank, but I want to add this stuff before I hand the car back to my mom. If I add the bottle to the tank, "rock" the car a few times, then drive to the gas station to fill-up the tank, would the product still be effective?

Thanks!

I did just like you said without rocking the car. SI-1 is very good at cleaning the fuel systems, my '94 LS400 with more than 150k miles barely passed smog check, I used SI-1 in 1 fill up (2 tanks or 6-700 miles before the next smog check) and it passed with flying colors.

When you are filling the gas tank, its mixing in a way. So I would just add it then fill it up to mix like said above. If you add it when its nearly empty tank, the stuff would work into the fuel system a little faster.

Thanks.

This will be the first time that I'll be using a fuel system cleaner in this car. It currently has 120k. I think I used Chevron Pro-Carb once back around 70k, but that stuff was probably monkey water.

This car has never seen a tank of top-tier fuel, it has used Valero and Arco 87 its entire life. I'll report back with the results. I can't wait to see what effect this stuff will have.

For me, I just use the least expensive 87 octane gas I can find (Race Trac) and I add an entire bottle of Redline every 25K miles.

Some stop and go traffic will do some mixing. I like to add a bottle of fuel system cleaner when it is the last tank of gas before an oil change.

If I don't have a chance to pour it in before refueling, there's a gravel road about a mile way with more pot holes in its short length than in the rest of the city combined. I just go over that at 5-10MPH and it gets mixed plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back