What do you use to wipe your dipstick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: harley145000
girls friends old thong
Now that's pretty weird, but brings up a good point: Old underpants make great oil rags, at least the 100% cotton variety do.

I keep the blue disposable towels at the activity centers of the garage. I don't have them on dispensers, but only because I haven't gotten around to it.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Just shake it off.
Yeah, but that never works so cleanly. You know the old rhyme:

No matter how you shake and dance,
the last three drops go ....

Oh, wait, we're talking about automotive dipsticks, aren't we?
blush.gif

Buffalo Wild Wings wetnaps. They may be better than using your friend's shirt sleeve or may no be approved for underarm use, but BW3's haven't warmed me yet on dipstick wiping.

I usually use regular household paper towels. Cheap "Viva" branded ones from wallyworld. I prefer those over the blue "shop paper towels" as I want to get a good idea as to color of the motor or tranny oil and the blue ones make it tough to really tell. I carry a whole roll in my trunk so I can use it for whatever needs to be done(oil, windows, quick clean ups...). Sometimes I use stashed napkins in my car as well.

I never really have anything in the cabin area of my car as its an old interceptor and doesnt have a center console.

Paper towels work for me. Clean folded paper towel. And for some reason I always wipe it clean on the last check. Maybe I'm afraid of missing the hole and contaminating the few drops of oil on the dipstick!

I get a kick out of reading this forum!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dagmando
On the pants of my Armani suit, where else?

the winning answer! lol... sounds like AEHaas... just kidding!

I'm afraid to use even surgical rags on mine, I check it cold and don't wipe...

Originally Posted By: virginoil
Poster: TooManyWheels "What is a dipstick?"

So what's the answer! I can't hold my breath any longer.

Virginoil

There are many that use computers. Some forums are more blessed than others.

My birthday is in Feb, so I'm bumping this thread! I revisit it every now and then and I laugh every time!

Thank you, Tall Paul, for starting what I feel is the greatest BITOG thread of all time!

Also, thanks to all who participated!

34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back