Walmart Motorcraft filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have got to say, this Motorcraft filter has impressed me in terms of start up than any other filter I've tried on my Ford's 302.

No matter what the temperature, I used to have a little start up chatter for a second if the engine hadn't been cranked in 24 hours or so.

NO MORE whatsoever. Although, I should add that I used Castrol GTX 10w-30 before, and now, with this filter, I'm using 5w-30.. but also, now, the temperatures I start up in are 25 degrees F.

The 'other filters' are a Purolator Pure One, and a Bosch filter. Maybe the Motorcraft has a superior ADBV. What do you guys think?

Where did you find that? I thought I read Motorcraft uses the silicone ADBV.

Either way, it works better than Purolator Pure One and Bosch filters I have tried on my truck. Silicone or not, they always gave me start up chatter. Haven't heard it a single time, yet, and it's 60 - 70 degrees colder outside, now.

MotorCraft filters with the "S" extension have silicon ADBV. What all MC filters will have is an open end (base plate) bypass valve. Ford engine division is apparently very anal about this. They subscribe to some "sediment" theory that would make a closed/dome end bypass unfavorable if it was open during startup.

..or so I've been told..

Quote:
Haven't heard it a single time, yet, and it's 60 - 70 degrees colder outside, now.

Give it time. It may do it for you yet
grin2.gif
No, really, any filter can have an ADBV issue. With some it's just a matter of time ..with others ..it's not. Silicon valves will tend to be more trouble free in terms since they won't fatigue like nitrile.

I realize that silicone ADBV's last longer than their nitril counterparts, but I won't have these in here for more than 3000 miles, or under 2 months.

I will give it time and see if it happens, and see if they are really as bad as people say. But, the Purolator Pure One filters along with the Bosch filters, BOTH, gave me chatter on start up from new til I threw them away.

No matter what, the Motorcraft has done better on my 302 as far as start up clatter than the Bosch or Pure Ones I have used. Not saying that it filters better, but it does better on start up... nitril or not.

Well, it's assured to meet 100% of the actual Ford spec's for that engine. No two ways about it, MC filters are a great value. It's a shame that they don't fit more engines.

I will be sure to keep listening to my engine and start up and post back my results. I won't be having it in for more than 3000 miles, so HOPEFULLY I won't have any bad results, but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back